Maine Airports: Augusta State Airport, Bangor International Airport, Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport, Northern Maine Regional Airport, Portland International Jetport, Knox County Regional Airport: Job Posting
Transportation Security Officer (TSO) - Full-time and Part-time
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is accepting applications for Full-time and Part-time Transportation Security Officers at: Augusta State Airport (AUG), Bangor International Airport (BGR), Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport (BHB), Northern Maine Regional Airport (PQI), Portland International Jetport (PWM), Knox County Regional Airport (RKD).
- Paid, ongoing training will be provided; no experience is required
- Great federal benefits
Specific duties for TSA Transportation Security Officers include:
- Screening passengers, cargo and bags for prohibited and dangerous objects and materials.
- Maintaining efficient passenger traffic flows through security checkpoints.
- Monitoring airport security measures and reporting potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet these minimum qualifications:
- Have either a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) credential.
- If none of the above, have at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening or as an X-ray technician.
- Be proficient in English (i.e., able to read, write, speak and comprehend).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
TSA offers an attractive federal benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan similar to a 401(k); Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days and paid federal holidays.
Other benefits may include a uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; transportation subsidies and ongoing training with tuition reimbursement. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities.
APPLY HERE: https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/Results?l=Maine&hp=public&k=tso&p=1
Location/Region: Bangor, ME