The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Program Director in Brooklyn, New York | Careers at Brooklyn (Bedford Temple) Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in!
Job Locations US-NY-Brooklyn Job ID 2020-7410 Category Education, Training, and Library Occupations Compensation Min USD $20.00/Hr. Compensation Max USD $23.00/Hr. Type Regular Full-Time
The Program Director will work with the Staff in managing the program in adherence to the New York State School-Age Child Care regulations, as well as government contracts. He/she will monitor and support his/her staff and implement student curriculum activities. Familiarity with the student population served is essential.
- Mandated to attend all required training sessions/ classes including staff and parent meetings.
- Assist in orientation and training of instructors/tutors, high school mentors/tutors and volunteers.
- Ensure all reports required by DHQ and City agencies are completed and processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all employees are in compliance with State and School Age Child Care Regulations.
- Facilitate On-site training such as lesson planning, classroom management, facilitation techniques and strategies to improve program quality.
- Supervise SYEP participants, group leaders and security guard.
- Assist in recruitment and selection of staff (make sure proposed staff meet regulations of DOH).
- Arrange educational, cultural and social activities for students.
- Update DYCD Workscope, Activity Schedule, Holiday Schedule and Daily Attendance.
- Create staff dynamics in order to develop staff. Monthly staff meetings, formal supervision and foster an environment of fun, professionalism and learning. Teamwork is important.
- Review all lesson plans prepared by all enrichment instructors. Make sure age appropriate.
- Assist in recruitment of children. Contact parents when students are absent at least three days.
- Develop and maintain relationship with principal(s) and teachers of participating school(s). Be aware of and reinforce public school curriculum.
- Create & maintain student folders. Evaluate progress of students monthly by collecting report cards, progress reports, selective homework assignments, etc. This will include monthly meetings with the Principal(s) and/or teachers concerning each student’s progress.
- Coordinate daily Town Hall Meetings.
- Must get the participation of students in the development and implementation of activities.
- Accompany students on trips.
- Make sure attendance is entered on-line daily.
- Organize and facilitate pick-up of children from school.
- Interview & select high school students. Meet with them weekly and when needed. Maintain and collect time sheets. Collect & review report cards. Evaluate their performance.
- Ensure DYCD online is updated on the appropriate frequencies.
- Prepare reports for government contracts.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Know state/ local oversight agency requirements. Make sure programs adhere to City and State Requirements.
- Make sure program meets the requirements of government contracts and foundations/corporations.
- Prepare payroll for staff.
- Incorporate different methods to engage parents and families.
- Must have Associate or BA/BS degree in child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation or a relate field AND two years direct experience working with children under the age of 18 years, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity .
- Must have experience in lesson planning, curriculum development and implementation of structured programming for students in elementary and middle school; and preferably teaching credentials and teaching experience.
Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Location/Region: New York, NY (10261)