Sobi offers the opportunity to work at an international pharmaceutical company focused on specialty pharmaceuticals meeting the high medical needs of rare disease patients, and providing treatment and services to them. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds within research, healthcare, industry and the academic sphere.
Medical Expert Haematology
31 Mar, 2021
Medical Expert Haematology, Global Medical & Scientific Affairs
The HaematologyMedical Expert will provide scientific leadership & guidance acrossglobal medical affairs for activities related to Haematology, with a distinctfocus on Haemophilia, ITP, PNH as well as CAD and HSCT-TMA.This individual will be mainly responsible for medical trainings, support forevidence generation, scientific communication, medical review of materials anddisease awareness related to these haematological disorders. The successfulcandidate will be involved in data analysis and interpretation, publications,medical communication, medical training, when appropriate also medicalinformation and HEOR.
- The global medical director will be accountable for development and execution of the strategically aligned internal trainings, that would support launch readiness, for drug candidates in development, as well as for excellence in standards and practices.
- Responsible for continuous trainings also on the commercialized products in haemophilia.
- Provide scientific expertise across broad range of global medical affairs haematology activities including evidence generation, data analysis and interpretation, publications, medical communication, medical information, congress presentations and KOL engagement.
- Provide input into global medical affairs haematology strategically aligned plan and tactics.
- Provide input into overall pre-launch strategy and launch haematology readiness tactics, clinical development program market access and other activities related to drug candidates in development.
- Provide support/review for Investigator Initiated Research/Study program.
- Participate in global medical advisory board(s) and roundtable meetings and assure communication of key findings and insights across the organization, to global clinical development, medical affairs and commercial teams (as appropriate).
- Support development and execution of the Global Strategically aligned Publication Plan.
- Compliantly provide strategic and medical guidance into congress plan and company sponsored symposia to ensure share of scientific voice and establish scientific understanding of drug candidates in development.
- Demonstrated to have an intimate understanding of patient needs.
- Medical Doctor with board certification in Haematology or Internal Medicine
- 5+ years of clinical experience (benign haematology preferred)
- 5+ years Medical Affairs experience or related industry experience
- Demonstrated communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills particularly motivational, negotiation, listening, judgment, analytic, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix, cross-functional setting; excellent collaboration skills; and experience working with co-development/co-commercialisation industry partners would be beneficial.
- Able to work well in a virtual environment. Proven self-management by showing initiative, good organisation and willingness to be held accountable.
- Ability to work independently with high level of self-motivation at the same time be a team player and have cross-cultural literacy.
- PC skills, including MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, MS Teams etc
Flexible location in Europe
VPGlobal Medical & Scientific Affairs Haematology, Lydia Abad-Franch, Lydia.Abad-Franch@sobi.com
For more information:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter through the apply button.
Sobi is a specialisedinternational biopharmaceutical company transforming the lives of people withrare diseases. Sobi is providing sustainable access to innovative therapies inthe areas of haematology, immunology and specialty indications. Today, Sobi employsapproximately 1,300 people across Europe, North America, the Middle East,Russia and North Africa. In 2019, Sobi's revenues amounted to SEK 14.2 billion.Sobi's share (STO:SOBI) is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. You can find moreinformation about Sobi at Sobi.com
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (90079)