Senior Manager - Utilities - Telecommunications
Senior Manager - Utilities - Telecommunications
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
We are looking for a Senior Manager, with a specialty in Telecommunications, to join our Energy and Utilities Practice in our Los Angeles office.Our work entails strategy, planning, technology selection, deployment and integration of solutions for all wired, fixed wireless, and wireless Field Area Networks (FANs) carrying applications like Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Supervisory Control and Data Access (SCADA), Security, Distribution Automation (DA), Substation Automation (SA), Corporate WAN, 5G, and more.Beyond technology, the team focuses on people and process issues required to make these modernization efforts successful through business process redesign, training, organizational change management, and managed service solutions.
Senior Manager at West Monroe have three primary responsibilities:
· Experience and familiarity with wired and wireless telecommunication solutions, preferably in a utility environment.
· Expertise in smart grid initiatives and their interdependency on the complex interaction of available and emerging automation, communications, and metering technologies is a plus.
· Ability to create financial models and develop risk mitigation approaches and strategies to help them manage investment risk and promote strategies to justify grid modernization investments and solutions.
· Manage and/or participate in teams, including client representation, network engineers, software/solution implementers, systems integration technicians, and business consultants.
· Work with customers on-site to discover and document "as is" and "to be" business process and solution design requirements for advanced telecommunications networks.
· Lead vendor selections, business case development, deployment management, training and change management, strategic analysis and carry projects through from strategy to turn up, testing, training and turnover.
· Contribute to the development of thought leadership and methodologies to support West Monroe’s consulting practices.
· Be able to contribute to the developing and growing West Monroe’s Los Angeles office from a business development, Energy and Utilities practice and culture perspective.
· Business Development:
· Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals.
· Contribute to business development process as an emerging technologies subject matter expert.
· Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects.
· Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems or Business preferred, or equivalent experience required
· Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Management Information Systems preferred
· Ability to Travel Monday - Thursday (weekly) up to 75%
· 12-20 years of work experience with minimum five years of professional services consulting experience
· Demonstrated expertise within Business Process Optimization (BPO) and Organizational Change Management (OCM) functional areas
· Prior experience managing a team of professional services consultants in a project environment
· Mature project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions
· A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
· Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (90079)