Verra Mobility - Vice President, Engineering in Mesa, Arizona | Careers at Arizona - Mesa Headquarters Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in
Vice President, Engineering
Job Locations US-AZ-Mesa Category Information Technology Type Full-Time
Who we are...
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. A combination of the global capabilities and talents of American Traffic Solutions (ATS), Highway Toll Administration (HTA), and Euro Parking Collection (EPC), the company develops technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and easily. Verra Mobility fosters the development of safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities by operating more than 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety cameras in more than 200 jurisdictions across North America. The company also creates smart roadways, serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for more than 8.5 million vehicles. Verra Mobility is a leading provider of connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year through connectivity with more than 50 individual tolling authorities and more than 400 issuing authorities. Arizona-based Verra Mobility Corp. currently operates in 15 countries and in 22 languages.
Focused on solutions that help the world move safely and easily, Verra Mobility builds safe cities, smart roadways, and the connected systems that tie them together. The company is constantly looking toward the future, ensuring it creates relevant solutions today that will work tomorrow. Seeking to understand new customers, regions, and businesses that will shape tomorrow’s smart mobility experiences, Verra Mobility strives to ensure more people around the world reach their destination safely and easily. Keeping its core principles front and center, Verra Mobility is fueled by relationships, driven by impact, guided by what’s right, and energized by what’s next.
Verra Mobility Corporation is a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial company that operates with a people-first philosophy and approach. The company lives by its core values—Do What’s Right, Lead with Grace, Win Together, and Own It—in everything it does for its customers and team members. The company seeks to grow aggressively, both organically and through acquisition, to continue to be the undisputed market leader with these five core competencies: bias for action, customer focus, teamwork, drive for results, and commitment to excellence.
As the Vice President of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading the engineering initiatives for our Government Solutions business unit. This includes people management, hiring, training, and platform innovation. You will evaluate and identify technology platforms that drive business results and achieve global priorities and objectives. You must exemplify a customer-first approach to design and development and collaborate with cross-functional teams on product strategies and market requirements. In addition, you will be expected to work closely with other external and internal technology organizations on the strategy to use third-party vendors when necessary. The core of our technology is software supporting an as-a-Service business model, while integrating with ecosystem hardware. As such, you will be primarily focused on software delivery, but you must also be comfortable and familiar with end to end technology stacks from edge hardware to communications to central software platforms.
The VP, Technology must have the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment while supporting the organizational culture of continuous process improvement. The duties may include, but are not limited to, refinement of SDLC, participation in business execution strategy, risk mitigation strategy development, workflow design, execution of on-boarding plans, timeline/project schedule adherence, executive stakeholder communications, and organizational change management. This role will be the senior most technology leader for the Government Solutions business and a key member of the BU’s senior leadership team. With this seat at the table, you will be expected to engage across functions and be part of the leadership team taking the business into the future. The ability to communicate, influence, establish trust, and demonstrate results with multiple stakeholder groups will be critical to success for this position.
- Management of all assigned BU engineering resources
- SDLC design and management
- Hardware and software technology strategy
- Provides initiative leadership to internal and cross-functional teams in order to meet business needs, deliverables and timelines.
- Drives cross-functional execution of deliverables in a timely fashion. Will need to manage multiple projects concurrently across multiple stakeholders and multiple customers
- Evaluates and analyzes actual project performance against established goals and plans objectives and reviews with team and management. Manages agreed upon adjustments consistent with project objectives
- Responsible for detailed written and verbal communications regarding program status, issues, and escalations. Provides regular status reports to ensure senior level management visibility to project and program status
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years in a technology leadership role required
- Minimum 10 years of managing technology platforms required
- Experience with smart city, connected vehicle, public safety and/or industrial IOT industries required
- Experience in managing diverse teams in multiple locations
- Proven record of scaling systems for high growth companies required
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) required
- Experience modernizing platforms required
- Detailed understanding and experience with process definition, improvements, and documentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-resolution and analytical skills
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure Visual Studio Team Services, preferred
Aligned with Verra Mobility Values
- Do What’s Right – We’ve committed to doing the right thing for each other and for our customers – integrity is our DNA
- Lead With Grace – We embrace the importance of our colleagues and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
- Own It – We foster a culture of accountability and excellence, where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together – We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we win more when we include others and work together.
Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Location/Region: Arizona City, AZ (85123)