As part of the GIIN’s mission to accelerate the scale and effectiveness of impact investing, we publish job openings from members of the GIIN Investors’ Council and other impact investing leaders.
Impact Investment Analyst, Spring Point Partners
The Impact Investments Analyst will support the full scope of the impact investment activity at Spring Point Partners. They will engage with portfolio companies, program staff and management, and external partners and advisors. They will perform due diligence and analysis for potential and current investments, and contribute to portfolio-wide financial and impact analysis and reporting. This role reports to the Associate Director, Impact Investments.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Portfolio Management: Provide targeted support to portfolio companies; assist with portfolio-wide analysis and risk management; help foster learning and connection between portfolio companies and SPP’s broader network.
- Financial Analysis/Due diligence: Analyze potential investment opportunities using a variety of methodologies; participate in portfolio performance and forecasting analyses and reporting to a variety of stakeholders.
- Market Research: Monitor the external environment, financial markets, regulatory developments and other trends and best practices related to social impact investments in our focus areas.
Administration & Project Management
- Investment Process: Support the full scope of investment workflow, including committee scheduling
- Infrastructure: Play a key role in building out new portfolio and impact management tools and datasets
- Investment Operations: Facilitate the workflow of investments and coordinate communications within the team
- Administrative: Manage reporting and documentation requirements for investments; manage internal team meetings and external advisor engagements
- Finance Liaison: serve as the primary point of contact with the Finance team and collaborate to support financial reporting that is generated within Finance
- Organizational Learning: capture learning from impact investments work to contribute to organization-wide learning agendas and strategy development
- Internal Collaboration: cultivate strong working relationships across Spring Point Partners programs, finance and operational teams, as well as with consultants
- Event Logistics: design, plan, implement, and evaluate convenings, events, training sessions, and meetings
- Special Projects: facilitate projects on behalf of the Associate Director, Impact Investments and Chief Investment Officer
All Staff Responsibilities
- Organizational Involvement: participate as an engaged member of the organization beyond core responsibilities including, but not limited to, participating in training/professional development, attending staff meetings/events, and contributing to the organization's values-based culture building including diversity, equity, and inclusion ( DEI ) work
- Professional Development: maintain skills and knowledge of industry standards, peer activity, and relevant media/publications and advise on key developments or areas that could impact the organization
We look forward to the range of professional experiences that candidates provide, and at minimum, meet these qualifications:
- Professional Experience: demonstrate three to five years in an investment function at an investment fund, bank, economic development agency, or related entity with a focus in private equity and/or private debt investments
- Financial Analysis: Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and comfort developing and analyzing financial models
- Technology: ability to integrate technology into work, expert level in Excel and proficient in the rest of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Economics, or related field preferred
In addition, we seek candidates who demonstrate these preferred qualifications:
- Mission Focused: enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, practitioner-led, and community-oriented
- Relationship Management: ability to initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships
- Team Player: collaborative and supportive of others with diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- DEI Focus: demonstrated experience and interest in supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization
- Learning Focused: ability to seek knowledge about diverse fields within social impact and make connections across the work
- Social Justice & Capitalism: interested in making capital markets work better in the interest of people
- Values & Impact Areas: interest in racial equity, social justice, and at least one of Spring Point Partners’ key sectors (water/climate, animal welfare, education, social justice, and community development)
- Communication: strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility & Availability: ability to quickly pivot and thrive in a fluid environment, ability to navigate ambiguity, with flexibility in scheduling for periodic night or weekend events, as well as occasional overnight travel
- Confidentiality: ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Impact Investing: previous exposure or work in impact investing is helpful, with a minimum of interest in pursuing the field in the future
- Education: Master’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Economics, or related field preferred
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
DIVERSITY EQUITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
Spring Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Spring Point Partners
Spring Point Partners supports social justice endeavors in the following areas:
- Strengths-based youth development through The Hive
- Animal welfare through Life of Riley
- Water sector leadership through Delta
- Equitable access to learning through ember
Spring Point Partners ( SPP ) maintains a deep risk tolerance and empowers practical, far-ranging solutions using complementary methods to achieve its objectives: grantmaking to nonprofits led by forward-thinking practitioners working to foster long-term systemic changes; impact investments in companies and funds that prioritize equitable access to financial opportunity and wealth building; and program development and other technical assistance to support its partners’ individual and collective efforts.
Global Impact Investing Network One Battery Park Plaza, 2nd floor New York, NY 10004
The GIIN is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the scale & effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, & funds with the intention to generate social & environmental impact alongside a financial return.
Location/Region: New York, NY (10004)