Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States
2 days ago
USGBC is a Washington, DC-based nonprofit organization focused on proving better buildings equals better lives. USGBC established the LEED system to support this vision. LEED is the most widely used green building program in the world and is helping transform buildings, communities and cities around the world.
Today, people know that if they are in a LEED-certified building, they are using less energy and water, saving on maintenance costs, improving indoor air quality, offering comfort to their occupants, and creating less environmental burden on their community. They also know that they are in a building that enhances their health and wellness. USGBC focuses on our relevant and reimagined vision that Healthy people in healthy places equals a healthy economy.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
USGBC is looking for an ambitious, creative and detail-oriented professional to manage USGBC’s social media presence. As an essential member of the Marketing & Communications team, the social media manager directly supports USGBC’s organizational goals by expanding the reach of our content, garnering web traffic, generating leads and nurturing prospects into customers. This role will be responsible for managing and refining USGBC’s social media presence across various platforms.
**Please note: This is a remote position.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Generating and sharing engaging platform-specific content daily, and growing and nurturing audiences across USGBC’s primary social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Designing and implementing coordinated social media campaigns that align with USGBC’s digital marketing plans.
- Reporting various social media metrics using digital analytics and tracking tools.
- Communicating directly with followers, responding to customer questions and monitoring customer feedback.
- Suggesting and implementing new features and custom campaigns to build brand awareness, including promotions and competitions.
- Staying up to date with current innovations and trends in social media, tools and services
- Building and optimizing paid social campaigns on Twitter and LinkedIn.
This position does not currently have employees reporting in.
RELATED ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Collaborating daily with teams across the organization and with the marketing and communication team.
To apply: Please firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related degree.
- 3-4 years of experience managing customer engagement on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Good eye for trends and an understanding of social media metrics.
- Strong writing skills and adaptability across platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of brand voice.
- Strong understanding and interest in social media analytics, and ability to refine social media strategy based on results.
- Interest in the social media industry, and able to react and respond accordingly when shifts or new trends emerge.
- Familiarity with USGBC’s brand, products and services.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable taking initiative to be productive and efficient, should be confident in their skill-set, enjoy being hands-on, owning their role and ensuring their work is done with excellence and attention to detail.
- Commitment to USGBC's mission.
Employees work for an established mission-based and member-driven nonprofit organization with a compelling vision, non-profit competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skill level, generous benefits package, 401k matching and comprehensive health insurance.
This is a remote position on the marketing team. USGBC’s headquarters are located in a LEED Platinum commercial interior space in a LEED-certified building in the LEED Platinum certified central business district in the first LEED Platinum certified city, Washington, DC. The office serves as an example for green design and construction products and practices. It is close to public transportation and incorporates many healthy and environmentally friendly features.
- Job ID: 55892986
Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States
- Position Title: Social Media Manager
- Company Name: U.S. Green Building Council
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is committed to transforming the way our buildings are designed, constructed and operated through LEED — the top third-party verification system for sustainable structures around the world.Every day USGBC is helping advance spaces that are better for the environment and healthier for us to live, work and play in. Through our community network, continuous collaboration with industry experts, market research publications and LEED professional credentials, USGBC remains a key driving ...
View Full Profile More Jobs from U.S. Green Building Council Green Building Coordinator Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States 10 days ago Green Building Specialist Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States 10 days ago Federal Legislative Director Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States 10 days ago See all Jobs
2101 L St., NW, Suite 500 Washington, Dist. Columbia 20037 (202) 609-7153
Location/Region: Washington, DC