VP, Claims in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota | Careers at MN, Minneapolis - 222 S 9th Street - Suite 2500 Skip Branding VP, Claims in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota | Careers at MN, Minneapolis - 222 S 9th Street - Suite 2500 Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in!
Location Name MN, Minneapolis - 222 S 9th Street - Suite 2500 ID 2021-4663 Date Posted 4 days ago (2/17/2021 5:35 PM) Company Berkley Human Services Primary Location US-MN-MINNEAPOLIS Category Claims
Berkley Human Services is focused on providing superior insurance coverage, claims handling, and risk control solutions to customers in the select niche we serve. Berkley Human Services exclusively provides insurance coverages to Human Services Organizations. Our intimate knowledge of the risk exposures and concerns of our target customers allows us to design and deliver customized, end-to-end solutions. We are passionate about serving those who serve others, and value the trust that we have earned from our many long-term customers.
We are a member company of W.R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 holding company.
The Vice President, Claims is responsible for the overall management and direction of the claims department. Equally as important, participation on the Executive Team, that establishes the strategic direction for the company and ensures the overall profitability and success of the company in the human services market
Member of Executive Team
- Proactive participation on Executive Team which establishes and executes the strategic direction of the company
- Work closely with the CEO to discuss, evaluate, and implement strategic directions for the claims operation that supports the overall direction of the company
- Establish solid relationships with other members of the Executive Team in order to improve team performance
- Be able to clearly communicate strategic direction to both internal resources and outside partners and insureds
Overall Management of Claims Operation
- Manage a team of claims professionals by establishing clear performance metrics
- Implement strong policies and procedures designed to produce the desired results
- Ensure the continual professional development of claims professionals on the team by coordinating both internal and external training and development opportunities
- Develop and implement claim best practices for proper and consistent claim performance, compliance and achievement of business goals
- Establish clear reserving standards and ensure that those standards are continually met
- Identify issues and trends in the portfolio; take appropriate and/or corrective action where necessary; communicate trends to underwriters, insureds and brokers
- Identify claims with significant exposure and take a more active role coordinating a strategy for an appropriate resolution
- Coordinate with underwriting on current and proposed policy language and new markets to enter
- Cultivate a departmental culture that excels in communication and collaboration
- Drives the development, implementation and continuous planning, organizing and leading of all claim programs, metrics, processes, results and initiatives
Develop Berkley Human Services into a “Thought Leader” within the human services marketplace
- Proactively establish relationships with brokers and insureds in order to maximize the competitive advantage derived from the claim’s operation.
- Develop and manage the reputation of BHS’s claims handling in the market
- Attend industry conventions and events and become a sought out thought leader on developing issues
- Attend marketing, account renewal, and reinsurance meetings as appropriate in order to communicate our claims handling philosophy and leading position in this area
- Instill the above philosophies into all claim’s professionals at the company
- Work closely with company’s loss control function to provide value-added services to our insureds that reduce our exposure to loss
Liaison to both internal and external partners of the company
- Liaison with parent company, WR Berkley, on significant individual claims and trends identified in the overall portfolio
- Communicate portfolio trends and potential solutions to underwriting and actuarial areas
- Participate on quarterly performance calls with parent company in anticipation of earnings releases
May perform other functions as assigned .
Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Commercial Casualty Claims, with a focus on the Human Services market.
- Significant experience in progressive positions demonstrating technical, operations, and management skills in the claims area.
- Experience in collaborating with an executive team.
- Proven ability to improve organizational effectiveness as well as retain, hire, train and develop Claims professionals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization essential.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Technical proficiency is required.
Berkley Core Competencies
Developing and Building a Team
Relationship & Personal Leadership
Technical & Job Effectiveness
Create Profile & Apply Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN