Business Function Global Investment Research
Department: Manager Research-Credit Investment Group
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Kate Thomes
We are a leading global investment firm and aim to help endowments & foundations, pension plans, and high net worth private clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios that generate outperformance and enable them to maximize their impact on the world. Working alongside its early clients, Cambridge Associates pioneered the strategy of high-equity orientation and broad diversification, which since its inception in the 1980s has been a primary driver of performance for institutional investors. Today, we deliver a range of portfolio management services, including outsourced CIO, non-discretionary portfolio management, investment staff extension, and asset class mandates. Cambridge Associates maintains offices in major financial centers across the globe, with headquarters in Boston, MA.
Working with some of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, we bring a deep knowledge of portfolio management best practices to the clients we serve, and select our colleagues with great attention to their potential to become a valuable member of a collaborative, intelligent and hard-working team.
The C|A Credit Research group seeks an Investment Associate to work on Investment Grade Fixed Income investments including US, Global, Municipal Bonds, Emerging Market Debt, Investment Grade Credit. The IA will coordinate and participate in meetings with asset managers. The successful candidate will be: collaborative, curious, dependable, creative; take ownership, and enjoy learning; a self-starter who takes the initiative and does not need to be instructed.
- Participate in the manager assessment process, including writing summaries/comments of each meeting for distribution within the firm.
- Work closely alongside the Research Director, helping to manage current ideas and looking for new ideas.
- Complete in-depth written due diligence on current and new Investment Grade Fixed Income opportunities. This includes: attendance of manager meetings/calls, due diligence planning, writing meeting notes, evaluation of the team, strategy, and performance, analysis of relevant positives and issues. Some travel to on-site meetings may be required.
- Serve as a resource to colleagues seeking current information on Investment Grade Fixed Income opportunities, including data and analysis, comparison to other managers, and the opinion of the research team.
- Bachelor’s degree (any major) with a record of achievement.
- 2-3 years of relevant financial services work or internship experience preferred.
- Strong, demonstrated interest in, and comfort, with investments and capital structures.
- Demonstrated facility for written communication and strong business writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to engage in conversation with managers. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills
All applications must include a resume and cover letter
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience.
Location/Region: Boston, MA (02298)