Manager, Corporate Partnerships with The Baltimore Orioles in Baltimore · MD
The Baltimore Orioles jobs
Sports Jobs in Baltimore · MD
JOB TITLE: Manager, Corporate Partnerships
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Partnerships
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Corporate Partnerships
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for generating new business revenue via prospecting and selling of Baltimore Orioles sponsorship advertising assets, utilizing a consultative approach to meet the needs of potential partners. This position will focus on prospecting and selling to medium and large businesses, both regionally and nationally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meet or exceed yearly sales goals as established by the Vice President of Corporate Partnerships
- Research and identify potential categories and specific companies to target via direct phone contact, email, networking and events
- Prospect and qualify all potential sales opportunities
- Develop and present customized sponsorship advertising proposals that may include signage, radio, digital/social, promotions and more
- Work with Partnership Marketing Coordinators who will focus on the day-to-day activation once an account has been signed
- Assist retention and revenue growth efforts during renewal campaigns
- Must have the ability to rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in business, marketing or communications
- Minimum 2-5 years Sports Sponsorship Sales experience
- Excellent relationship building, inter-personal and communication skills
- The ability to work independently and demonstrate innovation and initiative
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Must be proficient in computer software, including PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure, managing multiple projects, schedules, budgets and clients at the same time
- Must be able to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Attendance at a majority of Orioles home games and other organizational events is required.
- Yes/No: Are you willing to relocate to the Baltimore, MD area?
- Yes/No: Do you have 2-5 years of sponsorship sales experience with a professional sports team?
- Yes/No: Have you personally sold a sponsorship in excess of $200,000 annually?
- In 200 words or less, describe the most impactful sponsorship deal you closed in the last 12 months and the impact it had on the business.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit résumé and cover letter here (teamwork)
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you willing to relocate to the Baltimore, MD area? (Y/N)
Do you have 2-5 years of sponsorship sales experience with a professional sports team? (Y/N)
Have you personally sold a sponsorship in excess of $200,000 annually? (Y/N)
In 200 words or less, describe the most impactful sponsorship deal you closed in the last 12 months and the impact it had on the business.
Location/Region: Baltimore, MD