Senior Designer, CAD/ Print & Pattern (Men's)
Senior Designer, CAD/ Print & Pattern (Men's)
vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 100 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is also carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US. At vineyard vines, we pride ourselves on Shep & Ian’s philosophy that “every day should feel this good” and “if you’re doing what you love, you’ll be successful”.
The Senior Designer of Print and Pattern will be responsible for creating prints and patterns for all product categories through Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software, Generation Digital, Photoshop and Illustrator, from original illustrations, paintings and drawings or manipulating existing artwork.
This position contributes to the overall success of Vineyard Vines. We are looking to hire a well-organized, talented and enthusiastic candidate to join our team. This candidate should be proactive in their approach, look for opportunities to improve upon existing structures and find creative ways to utilize best practices.
- Research, manage and present print trends and tears/materials for inspiration and product direction; present print concepts seasonally, in collaboration with the rest of the design team
- Build seasonal color palettes based on seasonal inspiration and concept
- Influence vision for seasonal print and pattern development and execute in a way that brings to life the concept of the season and highlights the vv men’s aesthetic
- Rework original artwork or past season’s artwork by changing layouts, color, size, rotation or placement of elements
- Keep detailed records and archives of print work and print inspiration (written and visual) to funnel directly to the Copy/Marketing/Photo team for use in marketing collateral/campaigns
- Identify and problem solve production issues to ensure design intent is preserved and that factory can execute the desired effect of prints
- Comment on all submits, lab dips and strike offs to ensure correct execution/color
- Attend milestone meetings for print/pattern, articulate design direction and point of view, and present to leadership and cross functional teams as needed
- Manage in office printers/ink management and interface with IT/maintenance team to ensure printers are in working order for design team
What you bring:
- High skill level in fine art (including but not limited to watercolor, acrylic painting, pencil sketching) with the ability to manipulate original artwork digitally
- 7+ years of print design experience
- Expert in Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator, Generation Digital and other print/pattern making software
- High skill level Centric/other PLM system
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills along with meaningful experience with collaborating cross functionally
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Communication and presentation skills: concisely and impactfully presents to leadership
Every-day will feel this good because:
- We have a fun entrepreneurial environment filled with truly “good” people
- Every Friday we have “Fruit, Bagels, and Big Ideas” where you can learn something new from executive leaders
- Every Wednesday we have an ice cream truck in the summer to satisfy your cravings
- We have a fully-stocked kitchen filled with unlimited fruit, snacks, and drinks to help you stay energized while on-deck.
- Should you live in the city or surrounding areas and commute by train, we provide a shuttle service
- We’re a dog friendly boat and we can always use the extra hands on-deck!
- We have multiple company outings as we believe spending time with the crew outside of work is part of the good life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat
- We offer a competitive salary package, 401-K, commuter benefits, and paid-family leave
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company is continuing to grow and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving business needs
Location/Region: Stamford, CT (06925)