Software Architect - Gogo Commercial Aviation
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will play a vital role leading the Software Architecture of Onboard Experience Software. The onboard Software is a Micro service based Secure Software responsible for providing rich experience onboard the Aircraft. You will be focused in building a platform which is secure and integrates with other and subsystem such as Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) and Third-Party Vender Software (3PV SW) to support of inflight solutions. You should have the desire to support the development of complex systems from concept and throughout the system’s lifecycle. You will collaborate across Engineers across multiple geographies, in house Systems Engineering, Product Management and Operational Excellence team.
You will use the creative techniques to create an Architecture for multi-platform multi-hardware design. You will design with Security mindset to satisfy Aircraft OEMs such as Boeing /Airbus
Are you up to the challenge?
- Be a leader of Software Architecture integration efforts ensuring hardware and software compatibility across LRUs and systems
- Remain an active participant in new development Integrated Product Teams.
- Take pride in owning the end to end Architecture of inflight connectivity system with a keen eye towards hands on system design activities
- Provide a proactive attitude identifying and resolving new development, sustaining engineering, and/or system integration issues
- Demonstrate team building and troubleshooting skills while interfacing closely with Systems Engineering, software development teams, and other cross-functional teams
- Use your effective communication skills detailing technical issues and solutions while troubleshooting with vendors/Partners and/or customers to resolve issues
Can you drive these processes?
- Lead the Virtual Architecture Review board by create a funnel of Technology Refined Feature set rich with alternatives to be developed by Development team.
- Embrace the Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise (SAFe) by being an active participant during Program Increments.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in one or more; SATCOM/Wireless, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or other relative experience
- Understand Cloud based Technology to implement concepts
- Provide guidance to build Software thwarting Security loopholes
- Have a deep knowledge of Network and Telecom technologies
- Expert knowledge of Linux Eco system
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with Agile development methodology and JIRA
- Knowledge of aviation standards and testing (e.g., ARINC and DO160)
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We’re Gogo Commercial Aviation an Intelsat company, the inflight internet company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL (60290)