Creative, Design & Content New York, New York
We are seekin g a Content Strategy Director to join Mediacom’s Creative Systems team to l ead the vision for organic content development based on brand guidelines, compliance standards, content gap fulfillment opportunities, behavior insights and core SEO principles. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in copywriting, content strategy , cross-discipline collaboration, a clear history of exceeding client goals and campaign KPIs. This individual will lead a team of SEO copywriters and content producers, a nd collaborate across a multi-disciplinary agency team .
- Develop and optimize the organic content strategy for a large-scale financial services client
- Understand the client’s products, competition, industry landscape, marketing goals and objectives
- Create and evolve content strategy documentation, including editorial calendars, content playbooks, content inventories and audits
- Strategically identify content themes that deliver against client brand strategy , goals , values a nd brand guidelines
- Manage and build a team of copywriters, content creators and producers to create and optimize SEO-driven content
- Work closely across other departments to develop fully integrated search campaigns
- Define and evolve standards for content governance in terms of quality, relevance, consistency, and uniqueness
- Be an advocate for compelling storytelling
- Research and develop SEO best practices to identify new market opportunities
- Strong communicator who can sell ideas to clients and business leaders alike
- Lead workshop s for teams and clients
- Serve as a thought-leader and expert to interface with senior clients
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills; The ability to work with others as well as the confidence and skill to communicate ideas independently
- Proven history of successful SEO strategy creation and implementation with a track record of driving results through increasing traffic, improving brand, and site visibility
- Strong understanding of conversion funnel and customer acquisition from search intent to conversion; including how to optimize the funnel for growth
- 7-10 years of experience creating content for the web across several disciplines and media, ideally within financial services industry
- 3+ years experiencing managing projects and teams
- Background in professional copywriting , journalism, content creation, advertising, marketing agency or related field
- An academic degree in a related field (such as Advertising, Marketing, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Analytics, or Communications)
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to clearly present to clients and articulate yourself, your ideas, and your work
- Able to iterate rapidly to facilitate fluid, efficient collaboration
- Regulated Market/ Finance industry experience is a plus
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together .
You have been redirected to a GroupM North America job page
Location/Region: New York, NY (10261)