ASSOCIATE COMMISSIONING ENGINEER - (50021748.19)
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
ASSOCIATE COMMISSIONING ENGINEER
HONOLULU, HI 96813 US (Primary)
Engineering & Commissioning
Hitachi Rail STS USA is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Commissioning Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world’s most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society’s challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world.
- Support the Commissioning Manager in the definition, organization and execution of the commissioning activities relevant to a project
- Execute and responsible for testing and commissioning activities of a Rail Transit System from the end of installation to the start of revenue service
- Conduct all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contract requirements, project schedule, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives
- Create and issue test documentation and reports in the required format
- Manage and lead the assigned resources in order to perform the tests activities
- Report to the Commissioning Manager, non-compliances and delays of commissioning activities
- Manage the configuration of documentation, hardware and software in the field
- Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues and when required escalate issues to engineering and management
- Able to work independently and in team environment with minimal supervision
- Able to work under pressure during intense periods of testing and commissioning activities
- Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to interact with customer and project team in a professional manner
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and skills
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
- Working knowledge of Wireshark
- Working knowledge of switches, routers and servers.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and working with server applications
- Understanding of software programming logic
- Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl)
- Experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering testing and commissioning
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Health, Safety and Environment
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Cisco Switching/Routing Experience
- Experience with Windows Server and Server Applications
- Previous experience in Testing & Commissioning of large infrastructure projects.
- Basic working knowledge of Rail Transit Subsystem such as Automatic Train Control, Communication Base Train Control, Positive Train Control , Automatic Train Supervision, Vehicle, Telecommunication, Platform Screen Gates, Traction Electrification, SCADA, CCTV, Radios, GPS, etc.
- Basic understanding of software configuration managements (CM)
- Operation and Maintenance Processes
- Experience and knowledge of reviewing engineering drawing, blue prints and schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the Rail Transit System environment
- Railway Operations and Signaling principles
- Planning and organization
- Integrated System Tests
- Validation and Verification Processes
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
You like this. Sign Up to see what your friends like.
Location/Region: Honolulu, HI (96814)