Systems and Applications Delivery Manager
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Job Level: Management
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Systems and Applications Delivery Manager at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Date posted
01/25/2021 Job ID
General Atomics Experience Level
Management Job Title
Systems and Applications Delivery Manager City
San Diego State
Full-Time Salary Job Summary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Applications Administration Manager within our ITS organization located in Poway, CA. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Architecture and Strategy. The Applications Administration Manager will be responsible for the planning, managing and technical performance of our commercial application portfolio. This team leadership role requires extensive experience in managing commercial applications within a hybrid cloud enterprise – working through the challenges that come from a maturing legacy on-premise architecture to a modernized hybrid cloud architecture across a complex matrixed organization. This is a working manager role within a larger IT enterprise, requiring leading edge experience in:
- Acting as customer collaboration champion to accomplish the overall mission of General Atomics Affiliates.
- Hybrid Cloud enterprise environments.
- Agile Methodology.
- Acting as a product or application owner in a DevOps Culture.
- Application management and automation toolsets.
The best candidate for the role is one who:
- Possess both progressive technology experience and project planning acumen - ensuring on-time completion of tasks and projects in a team setting.
- Is nimble, forward thinking, and a thoughtful leader.
- At home in a hybrid role of “roll up the sleeves” with technology teams, as well as a charismatic team manager.
- Demonstrates the ability to inspire team effort, communicate IT organization goals, and build consistent process.
- Embraces continuous learning with a passion to lead, inspire, coach and mentor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for system hardware and application software implementation, delivery, configuration, security and support maintenance.
- Lead applications delivery team, encompassing an enterprise view across a large portfolio of projects including app deployment, patching applications, infrastructure, networking, and security areas.
- Participate in critical team discussions, drive ideation around continuous improvement, stay current with the latest technology trends, and ensure best practices and standards are utilized across all key projects.
- Perform application level systems planning, design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting with a track record of accomplishment in large, complex systems.
- Provide mentorship to application team in broad technical areas on complex, time-constrained projects.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Implementing, maintaining, provisioning and operating IT systems on leading Cloud platforms, including AWS and Azure.
- Create and deliver project and service status updates to leadership on team activities.
- Demonstrate drive and purpose with the ability to adapt and lead a team through organizational change.
- Provide technical leadership while developing and maintaining relationships with project managers, scrum masters, and business analysts to ensure execution and project success.
- Demonstrate the ability to re-engineer and streamline application support department to keep pace with rapid growth and changing customer requirements.
- Utilize knowledge of optimization (Process and Procedure) to define automation processes.
- Developing others through metrics-oriented goals and Objectives and Key Results.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships, lead by example to foster team growth and collaboration through innovation, diversity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrate ethics and integrity with the ability to interpret complex problems and make informed, objective decisions.
- Manage effective teams and work groups with respect, effective communication, and mutual accountability.
- Performs other tasks as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply. Job Qualifications
Travel Percentage Required
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in Information Technology or a related field and eleven or more years of progressive applications experience with at least five of those years in a management role. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Certifications in one or more of the following is a great plus:
- 5+ years of hands-on, progressive experience in SDLC, systems analysis, system integration, risk analysis and project management
- 5+ years progressive leadership experience, 3 current years at team supervisor/manager over technical teams.
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Significant breadth and depth of technologies in the areas of: Of-the-shelf Applications hosted across a hybrid cloud enterprise, preferable a mix of On-Prem, AWS and Azure.
- Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies, tools and measurement practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT cost controls and analysis.
- Ability to multi-task and operate with a strong sense of urgency.
- Can-do attitude to problem solving, open-ness to evaluate and accept new ideas.
- US Citizenship is required.
0 - 25 Relocation Assistance Provided
Yes US Citizenship Required?
Yes Clearance Required?
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.” – Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”
Get General Atomics job alerts delivered right to your inbox.
Be among the first to get the latest career news, hiring events and other information helpful to your professional goals.
General Atomics is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, transitioning status, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, medical condition, mental disability, physical disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. EEO is the law. We also prohibit compensation discrimination under all applicable laws. To learn more click here . U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions.
We endeavor to make the online job application process accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability that impacts your ability to complete the job application process and would like to request assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please contact (858) 455-4545, or click here . This contact information is for accommodation requests only, not to inquire about the status of applications.
If you experience issues with the career site or would like to provide feedback, contact us at: GA-Careers@ga.com
Location/Region: Poway, CA