William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Lead core operations that affect the installation, maintenance, availability and reliability of firm’s mobility (AirWatch and InTune) and virtualization platforms (VMWare). Develop and implement processes and solutions to improve monitoring of system uptime and performance to deliver better SLAs. Design and document installations and upgrades. Plan and execute system-based projects and report status to project owner. Provide guidance to engineers on platform related support requests. Execute disaster recovery related testing exercises. Train peers to increase team’s industry knowledge and ensure that all activities are compliant with rules and regulations.
- Lead the installation, maintenance, and administration of the firm’s mobility platforms including, Airwatch and Intune MAM\MDM.
- Lead the installation, maintenance, and administration of the firm’s virtualization platforms including, VMWare Horizon, ESX, and Microsoft Azure.
- Improve monitoring processes with vRealize to improve system uptime and performance to deliver better SLAs. Apply subject matter expertise and best practices to optimize performance and issue response.
- Lead the design and documentation of installations and upgrades.
- Plan and lead execution of projects related to platforms under direction. Communicate project status and issues that may impede project success to management.
- Collaborate with platform engineers and provide guidance on resolving highly technical issues.
- Plan and develop disaster recovery testing activities.
- Train peers to increase understanding of industry trends that may affect system solutions.
- Ensure all activities comply with applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related subject matter required.
- 8+ years of experience with systems required, preferably in a financial services environment.
- Expertise across industry standard platforms, specifically Microsoft and VMWare solutions.
- Advanced comprehension of hybrid infrastructure environments, including Cloud and HCI.
- Strong project management and prioritization skills.
- Desire to inspire others about technology.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to develop and deliver training for engineers to enrich technical understanding.
- Ability to convey complex technical knowledge to various audiences.
As used on this site, "William Blair" refers to William Blair & Company, L.L.C., William Blair Investment Management, LLC, and affiliates.
For more information about William Blair, please see About William Blair .
Location/Region: Chicago, IL (60290)