Do you love leading advanced procedures where you put your clinical skills to the test? Are you driven by your goals and someone who seeks an enriching, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the thrill that comes from collaborating with specialists to solve challenging cases? Great! We may have the perfect opportunity for you. The Northway Animal Emergency Clinic is a growing emergency and specialty practice that is seeking veterinarians that are looking to see some exciting cases in our emergency department.
We are located in Gansevoort, NY at the gateway to the Adirondack Park, situated right between the beautiful Lake George region and Saratoga Lake. With its endless supply of outdoor and recreational opportunities we are also in close proximity to the city of Saratoga Springs which boasts ample historical, culinary and cultural offerings. The larger metropolitan areas of Montreal and New York City are an easy 3 hour drive and Boston is about 3.5 hours.
We are a privately owned, family-oriented practice dedicated to providing 24-hour emergency and specialty care. Our clinic was founded by a group of dedicated primary care veterinarians with a desire to be an extension to the local veterinary community. We serve pet owners from all over central and northern New York and Vermont. No two days are the same in our clinic, and that’s what makes us unique. In addition to our emergency department, we have a FT surgeon and radiologist that make up our specialty team. We have state of the art in house diagnostic equipment including ultrasound, endoscopy, and coming in 2021, in-house CT. We are a close-knit group focused on solving problems for our clients, working hard to provide exceptional care to our patients, and we like to have fun too.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Focus on emergency and specialty medicine on a variety of small animal cases
- Work on variety of cases like internal medicine, critical care and surgery
- Perform small animal surgeries with opportunity for mentorship
- Guide and utilize exceptional support staff
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited program is required
- Be licensed or able to be licensed in the state of New York
- Nights and weekends are required
- At least one year of clinical experience preferred
- Experience in surgical and critical case management preferred
- Physical Requirements: able to lift 40 pounds and be on your feet most of the shift
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for learning and taking initiative
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
What’s In It For You
- Average of 14-shifts per month
- Competitive Base Salary + Production Bonuses
- Health, Dental, Vision and Aflac insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- CE Allowance
- Professional License & Dues
- Uniform & Pets Allowance
- Bonus - Work with an amazing team!
* Please send resume and cover letter to Ciera@northwayanimalemergency.com
Location/Region: Gansevoort, NY (12831)