McMillen Jacobs Associates' is looking for an Office Engineer within our Construction Management Practice. The Office Engineer will work at the owner's office or field trailer in the New York City area on NYCDDC construction projects in support of the Resident inspection team.
The successful candidate for this position will ideally have experience in heavy civil and/or underground construction of highway, water, and sewer projects.
This position requires the ability to pass all physicals necessary to make field visits for on-going construction including tunneling under various field conditions.
- Submittal Processing:
- Review, track, process and distribute submittals, RFI's, RFC's, design submittals, shop drawings, product data, and work plans.
- Review submittals, deliverables and other construction documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Receive, record and compile review comments. Maintain a list of submittals, deliverables and other construction documents.
- Report on progress of submittal, RFI, and design submittal reviews at progress meetings.
- Maintain weekly and monthly reports
- Input to monthly and quarterly reports
- Review inspector daily reports for completeness
- Update agendas for periodic meetings
- Maintain meeting minutes
- Maintain a set of progress prints of all drawings and specifications, including contract drawings, design progress drawings, AFC drawings, shop drawings, contract specifications and AFC specifications.
- Manage photo documentation: identification, logging
- Qualified for ASCE Grade III or NICET grade IV.
- Five (5) years of experience working in construction inspection or management of highway, sewer and water main projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other related field from an accredited college or university.
ABOUT MCMILLEN JACOBS ASSOCIATES
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a multi-disciplined firm, with self-performing design-build capability. We are experts in underground/tunneling and water resources projects and deploy this expertise to serve water, dams, energy, wastewater, transportation, aquaculture, federal, private, and regulatory clients using a wide range of delivery methods. For 75 years we have worked closely with our clients at every stage of a project assisting them with planning, permits, designs, project management, construction, and start-up.
We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to do. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and help our team members forge their own path within the company. We support their efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a great work-life balance. In addition to working hard, we also have fun. We socialize and celebrate achievements at summer picnics, holiday parties, and company outings.
Benefits: Full Benefits Program consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, FSA, EAP, Matching 401(k), and stock program,9 Paid Holidays, PTO, and Wellness Reimbursement
Pay Rate: DOE
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
No Recruiters, Please.
Location/Region: New York, NY (10261)