About the Position: This position is with the Defense Health Agency Office of Inspector General. This position is virtual if outside of the local commuting area which is 50 miles of Falls Church, VA . lf outside of the local commuting area, location will be negotiated after selection.
Learn more about this agency
* Advise and assist Market and MTF leaders on DHA OIG functions; inspections, investigations, Assistance/Holtine, and teach and train.
* Implement policies, guidance, processes and procedures for DHA OIG inspections hotline complaints, audit liaison, requests for assistance, investigations and teach and train functions and other IG matters at the DHA Markets.
* Conduct the most complex, high visibility, sensitive inquiries that are subject to stringent DoD deadlines, as directed, into Senior Official matters and serves as the lead Military Whistleblower Reprisal complaint investigator.
* Conduct interviews and interrogatories of witnesses and subjects of investigation.
* Analyze programs, practices, and operations and develops objectives and plans, new review methods, techniques, and approaches to address Market unique issues.
* Review completed reports of inspection include identifying, eliminating, and avoiding potential or actual waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement, as well as improving readiness and the economy and efficiency in the Agency, Markets or SSO programs.
25% or less - Up to 20% Business Travel may be required.
* Job family (Series)
1801 General Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, And Compliance Series
Conditions of Employment
* Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
* Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
* Travel, both continental United States and foreign, may be required throughout the DHA area of responsibility.
* Immunizations may be required in the event that foreign travel is required.
* Incumbent must be able to travel on short notice. Approximately 20% travel may be required. Travel may involve local, and or overnight.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
* Current Civilian Employees of the Defense Health Agency (DHA)
* Current Permanent Department of Defense (DoD) Civilian Employee
* Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes advising and/or assisting senior leadership on Inspector General (IG) functions in areas such as inspections, investigations, assistance and/or hotline; developing things such as plans, procedures, and schedules for conduction inspections and/or investigations for the agency; evaluating the use of inspection follow-up plans, policies and/or procedures to ensure that recommendations have been assigned. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
* Decision Making
* Organizational Awareness
* Planning and Evaluating
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-13).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Location/Region: Falls Church, VA (22040)