Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Warehouse Worker is responsible for receiving, inspecting, storing, and delivering hospital materials, supplies, equipment, and records to user departments.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Receives incoming material, supplies, and equipment comparing information on the packing slip with the purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages in shipment and notifies supervisor and/or appropriate purchasing buyer.
- Delivers supplies and equipment to requesting department. Ensures proper handling and delivery of rush and refrigerated items.
- Ships outgoing packages through appropriate carrier.
- Inputs data from shipping documents and inventory into Materials Management computer system.
- Takes daily inventory and maintains nursing unit par level-exchange carts.
- Restocks nursing unit per pick ticket.
- Enters, files, and delivers requisitions as requested or required.
- Removes expired and damaged products from carts and shelves.
- Maintains a neat and clean working environment.
- Delivers or picks up items as defined in the schedule.
- Maintains an accurate inventory by spot-checking and/or cycle counts on hands with actual count.
- Maintains mailboxes as requested.
- Reports needed maintenance of hospital vehicles (washing, tire rotation, etc.) to the Supervisor.
- Sorts and distributes U.S. mail. Weighs, meters, and prepares outgoing U.S. mail. Records postage records as required.
- Schedules maintenance of copiers in message center.
- Performs other related responsibilities as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent.
One year of warehouse experience.
Mail room experience.
Location/Region: Lynchburg, VA