The smells of fresh-cooked food in the kitchen. The clang of pots, pans, and dinnerware as the anticipation of a rush puts you in the zone. You quickly take initiative to ensure the happiness of those who are dependent on you. Does this sound like a scenario that you would take pride in? Do you strive to turn your love of cooking into your career? We are now looking to hire Prep Cooks who possess flexibility and rare dedication to the kitchen. Prep Cooks prepare, season, and craft dishes. They may also order supplies, keep records, and plan and price menu items in addition to other responsibilities. A Prep cook is passionate about his or her craft – making food for an event or restaurant is at the heart of this position.
Note – Pay Rate for this Job is $11/Hour
- Helping prep food for students.
- Preparing and cooking food according to recipes
- Observing and testing foods to determine if they are cooked sufficiently
- Storing food at correct temperatures in order to ensure freshness
- Utilizing blenders, cutlery, and ovens to prepare food
- Making sure area is clean and all quality and sanitation standards are met, including cold and hot storage
- Minimum one year experience as a cook
- Good knife skills and a deep knowledge of food preparation
- Possess a valid food handler's card or ServSafe certification - our branch will help provide this training
- Able to work all areas of the kitchen.
Location/Region: Crabtree, PA