Are you passionate about pitching in to improve our planet? Are you a self-starter who takes initiative to make a positive change? PeopleReady is looking to add Sorter in a fast-growing industry. Recycling can be accomplished in expected ways, such as using recycled paper as packaging material, or in unexpected ways, like using glass to make artificial turf. Recycling helps conserve limited resources, and it has other environmental benefits as well. As a Sorter, you will work along conveyor belts, and as waste materials come down, you would pull out any items that cannot be recycled. You will sometimes work as a quality control inspector and remove unwanted materials from a single stream. Does this position sound like a solid fit? Then we would love to have you apply by clicking the link above.
Note – Pay Rate for this Job is $15/Hour
- Sorting and cleaning materials into appropriate containers for recycling
- Cleaning recycling yard equipment and maintaining recycling collection equipment
- Removing chemicals from discarded appliances
- Depositing recoverable materials into chutes or placing materials on conveyor belts
- Operating balers to compress recyclable materials into bundles or bales
- Operating machines to load items onto trucks for shipping to other recycled materials processing facilities
- Prior experience in recycling yard preferred
- Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, and reach, bend, push, pull, and climb
- Flexibility to work in all weather conditions
- Able to remain in a stationary position for up to 10 hours.
A criminal background check may be required. Criminal convictions do not necessarily disqualify an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant's prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance No. 184652. If you need more information, or wish to report violation of this ordinance, please contact the Department of Public Works (DAA), Bureau of Contract Administration.
Location/Region: South Gate, CA