Systems Administrator, Clearance Required – TS/SCI w/Polygraph
Please note, this position requires all candidates to currently possess an active Top-Secret SCI Clearance with a Polygraph. This position is not an opportunity to be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance.
We encode mission critical software for our partners who analyze more than 25 petabytes of data a day. We ingest millions of signals confidentially utilizing our sensible solutions that identify and respond to attacks before they are even executed. We incorporate automated tools and cutting-edge technology that saves lives and protects property of everyday people. With our technology we are looking to refine our software to more securely protect, analyze, and increase the number of petabytes we work with.
How We Meet the Challenge:
A combination of utilizing the right people and giving them the tools, resources, support, and freedom to develop effective signal processing algorithms, excellent software, and use strong intuition on what works for a scalable system.
- A current Top-Secret/SCI government security clearance with polygraph is required.
- Ten (10) years system administration experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required
- Heavy Linux Experience: Server Builds, Red Hat, Centos; Centrify, IP Tables, SE Linux, Package Installation, Logical Volumes, Hardware Configurations, SSL Keys, Troubleshooting with tcpdump, Basic Troubleshooting.
- Windows Experience: Server builds, GPO management, Windows Firewall, SW Installs, updates, SSL Keys, Hardware Configurations, Basic Trouble shooting.
- Infrastructure Experience: Snapshot management, VM Hardware Management, creation of VLANS.
- Customer service experience: Troubleshooting issues with customers and pper organizations (e.g. Networks, Operators, Developers, Security, Dataflow, Monitoring). Managing tickets for incidents, Service request, Server requests, and change management responding to queries for pertinent system information, security incident investigation development package installation/upgrade troubleshooting
- Experience engineering and deploying VMWare NSX solutions
- Experience engineering and deploying VMware vRealize solutions
- VMWARE NSX and vRelaize certifications
As a Systems Administrator, You Will:
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provide in-depth experience in troubleshooting IT systems
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resources utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems