POSITION TITLE: HOUSING SUPERVISOR
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Housing (ADH)
SUPERVISES: Housing Specialists; Housing Placement Aide
This position oversees all scattered-site housing services and serves as a key member of the management and housing teams. The Housing Supervisor provides leadership and direction to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with strength-based clinical practice and Housing First. This position trains, supports, and evaluates housing staff, in conjunction with Housing Team Lead and Associate Director of Housing. The Housing Supervisor builds and maintains positive working relationships with community and state partners, and focuses the housing team on the overarching goals of housing stability and increased independence.
Four- year degree in related field or equivalent experience. Experience in social services required. Minimum two years managerial and supervisory experience, including planning and program implementation. Demonstrated experience with HIV/AIDS, homelessness, mental illness, and/or substance use. Must possess knowledge about a range service networks with a strong commitment to collaboration. Proven ability to work successfully with diverse client populations, families and support systems and community agencies. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficient computer abilities, including basic reporting. Lived experience with HIV, homelessness or supportive housing a plus.
- Hire, train and supervise housing staff, including regular individual/group supervision and quarterly/annual performance evaluations.
- Support and assist housing staff in developing and growing their clinical skills, interventions, and techniques.
- Engage with clients and landlords in support of housing staff, including case coverage, clinical problem solving, and Housing Quality Standards inspections.
- Carry a caseload as dictated by program need.
- Interact effectively with with Coordinated Entry and demonstrate commitment to Harm Reduction/Housing First models of housing retention.
- Market Caracole housing programs to landlords and become familiar with housing tenant rights/laws utilizing other professional resources.
- Develop relationships with community and state organizations, funders, and medical professionals to facilitate program connection and growth.
- Represent the agency in community, such as workgroups and program/service presentations.
- Determine and monitor program outcomes in collaboration with ADH.
- Develop and implement housing policies and procedures in collaboration with ADH; assist staff in learning and adapting to changes in procedure and practice.
- Facilitate Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Assure maintenance of all records and statistics needed for management and grant requirements.
- Ensure completion and timely submission of required reports.
- Develop and revise documentation systems as needed to improve client services and promote efficiency in collaboration with ADH.
- Identify and document gaps in services, and participate in developing strategies to resolve them.
- Assure that the mission of Caracole is evident in planning & operation of all client services.
- Represent department and share leadership on the management team.
- Facilitate and develop on-going training, support and educational programs for staff and clients.
- Identify and pursue educational opportunities to promote professional growth.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Salary and benefits
This position is full time, hourly: $48-52K/year Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K.
We are a progressive, dynamic human services organization and a great place to work!
Reflective of our strategic and client needs, we are proactively seeking a diverse applicant pool including applicants who are African American, Spanish speakers, immigrants, veterans, LGBTQ+, individuals with disabilities and/or people with lived experience of HIV or homelessness.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH (45223)