*Please do not apply unless you have experience in the Direct Mail or Print industry
Operates a variety of machines such as forms burster, Baum/ Right angle folders, labeling machines, ink jet printers, tabbing machines, and inserting machines, to process component parts of a mailing package or self-mailers by performing the following duties. Must have completed training on at least one of the following machines: Scitex inkjet, Ritejet printer, KirkRudy labeler, and/or 6x9 inserter. Must have passed all tests required by Admail West to be certified as an operator for that machine(s).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Previous experience in plant operations. plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathers component material(s) and positions it to accommodate efficient machine feeding with minimal body movement between material and machine.
- Ability able to locate postage rate tables and interpret and apply the appropriate postage as required, selecting the proper feed rate to obtain optimum minimal “jams” for each operation.
- Able to adjusts controls and detection devices to process individual components or mail piece.
- Starts machine and engages automatic feeding device, observing operations and regulates equipment.
- Verifies accuracy of machined process to specifications and obtains release of “first article inspection” from production supervisor and QA clerk.
- Monitors quantity of units processed and records time and quantity on the work order
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as routine reports, operations and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Supervises support personnel to assure quality of work processed and compliance to specifications of the ancillary process.
- Upon completing the process, moves the completed units to next processing stage. returning the excess materials to designated location.
- As directed, performs the necessary cosmetic and mechanical maintenance to assure the continued operation and longevity of the equipment. Cleaning the work area and returning the excess materials to designated location.
- Must be able to perform basic maintenance procedures on machinery he/she is operating. Also, must be able to troubleshoot any problems with his/her machine and perform basic adjustments.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years’ related experience and/or training. Familiar with the pertinent sections of the Domestic Mail Manual as it relates to the specific classification and/or configuration of mail or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
At Admail West, we work closely with companies in all industries to identify specific objectives and provide an all inclusive campaign strategy. Our strategic branding and marketing solutions prepare our clients to thrive in a competitive market and win. We believe that developing and executing a campaign strategy is at the center of any marketing initiative. Admail West only uses campaign strategies that line up with expert research and unparalleled attention to detail. We also offer variable digital print equipment and the capability to process the simplest to the most complex mailing projects from initial concept to delivery in record time.
Location/Region: Sacramento, CA