The Senior Interior Designer is responsible for the management and design (both specified further herein below) of assigned projects resulting in successful project completion and satisfied clientele. Candidates applying for this position must be interested in relocating to Palm Beach Gardens, FL to work out of the company's main headquarters. A resume and design portfolio must be included for consideration.
Management and Supervision:
1. Serve as client liaison with regards to every aspect of Project Management (as further specified below). Manage the Client / Company relationship.
2. Collaborate with Principals on assigned projects, and manage the execution of project specifications with support staff of company, vendors, and subcontractors.
3. Interface with vendors and subcontractors as necessary to coordinate production and project schedules. Prepare any necessary Materials Selection and Room Finish Specification Schedules to facilitate coordination of the project.
4. Manage job site labor workforce as necessary which includes company employees as well as subcontractors.
Design and Drafting:
1. Design, specify, draft and integrate all elements of interior design and architecture including, but not limited to, furniture plans, architectural details including ceilings, walls, floors, window heights, columns, millwork and other built-ins, kitchens and bathrooms and other construction documents.
2. Design, specify, and draft custom furniture & built-ins as required. Obtain necessary subcontractor quotes for said custom furniture & built-ins.
3. Specify fabrics, floor coverings, wall coverings, lighting, window treatments, furniture, and any other items as necessary per project requirements. Serve as project lead and collaborate with Principals as appropriate on projects.
4. Research and shop as necessary for project material specifications. Develop conceptual designs, create mock-ups and complete with drawings and renderings as necessary.
5. Perform drafting (by hand or direct Company CAD Dept. Staff) of furniture plans, custom designs, construction drawings, and renderings as required.
6. Work closely with Principals on specific project design elements.
1. Review and generate all project documentation to determine full scope of work, completion of schedules, all FF&E selections, and any other relevant items.
2. Maintain continual two-way communication with all clientele regarding project details. Keep all interested parties informed of project details, scope of work and deadlines.
3. Identify and handle any applicable punch lists on projects as necessary.
4. Meet and communicate with clients as necessary to complete projects on-time and within budget.
5. Visit job sites as needed.
6. Travel as required by project(s) which may include international travel as applicable to project location(s).
7. Serve as liaison with vendors & subcontractors to provide direction and/or to obtain pertinent information in order for vendors & subcontractors to create detailed quotes for their scope of work. Senior Interior Designer will prepare all necessary spreadsheets for FF&E so that detailed proposals can be prepared (by company Purchasing Department) for client approval.
8. Track and process expenses according to company procedure.
9. Any other duties as assigned.
The Decorators Unlimited, Inc. is the premier, luxury interior design firm headquartered in South Florida. Decorators Unlimited Home Collection is the firm’s on-site 8,500 square foot boutique specializing in exquisite home furnishings, accessories, art, lighting, and gifts. We strive to achieve, and our exclusive residential clientele and luxury home builders have come to know and expect, extraordinary design expertise, superior quality products, and outstanding customer service.