1250 Heritage PkwyID:
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Safety and Environmental Engineer
to be located in our Mansfield, Texas Facility.Responsibilities
The Safety and Environmental Engineer position works closely with Corporate Loss Prevention and manufacturing facility staff to ensure corporate goals are met, government standards are complied with, risks are controlled and costs are contained. This position performs Safety and Environmental Audits, Ergonomic Assessments, Industrial Hygiene Monitoring, Accident/Incident Investigations, and Safety and Health Training. This position submits recommendations to management to correct deficiencies, eliminate hazards and improve the overall programs and processes, including the creation and administration of safety and environmental training programs. This position also recommends appropriate action to ensure compliance with Corporate safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures and Local, State and Federal regulations.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Maintain a continuing, up-to-date knowledge base with regards to changes in legislation and regulation, with respect to employee health and safety, the environment and acts as an internal consultant to management with respect to all issues relating to employee health, safety and the environment.
2. Participate pro-actively in process design and equipment selection, implementation and installation with respect to employee health and safety and environmental impacts and where appropriate, recommends process or equipment changes necessary to reduce employee exposures and environmental releases and improve the level of conformance to applicable regulations.
3. Perform safety and environmental audits, inspections, ergonomic assessments, and accident/incident investigations by observing employee activities and workplace conditions, submits recommendations to management to correct deficiencies, eliminate hazards and improve the overall programs and processes.
4. Perform air quality testing, noise monitoring and miscellaneous sample collection and testing activities, as necessary, to verify compliance with applicable local, state and federal rules and regulations.
5. Coordinate all interaction with local, state and federal regulatory agencies regarding employee health and safety and environmental issues, including, but not limited to, the preparation of all documents, reports, license applications, permits, etc.
6. Maintain databases for chemical safety data sheets and responds to requests for information about substances used in the workplace and assists with the administration.
7. Create, administer and conduct safety and environmental training programs by coordinating with manufacturing plants and consulting specialists when necessary.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
ASP/CSP Certification preferred.
Demonstrate excellent interactive and communications skills sufficient to develop both rapport with and support from operating management.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.
Location/Region: Mansfield, TX (76063)