Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care is currently looking for candidates who are truly passionate about providing superior care to our client base and their families in the greater Grand Rapids area.
This is not just a job, but oftentimes an extension of the families whose homes we visit on a regular basis.
Caregivers are an active participant in the clients' care plan, and candidates that exhibit this passion for working in this industry are a must for Acti-Kare. Benefits* Paid Time Off
* Retirement Benefits Available * Client Refferal Bonus
* Caregiver Refferal Bonus * Sign on Bonus
Responsibilities* Provide personal hygiene assistance for elderly patients or those recovering from surgeries, injuries or accidents by attending to their basic needs, such as showering, bathing, dressing and eating.
* Help remind clients to take prescribed medication
* Assist clients with transfers and ambulation
* Help with mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks etc.)
* Assist with personal care and hygiene, plan and prepare meals and help with physical therapy exercises.
* Complete client’s shopping or accompany them to successfully do so
* Perform housekeeping duties and report any unusual incidents
* Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
* Offer activities that am essential for daily living by assisting patients with their meals, including serving and other tasks, if necessary.
Qualifications* 2 years experience in a healthcare or in-home care environment
* Reliable transportation * Enjoy working in a one-on-one setting, eager to improve and continuously learn new skills
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with physical capability to perform job-related duties
* Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation every single day
* Validated ability to act in a compassionate and supportive manner
* Available to work different shifts, including nights and/or weekends
* Willingness to enforce to health and safety standards
* Supportive and compassionate * High School Diploma or equivalent/Experience as a Caregiver, CNA or Home Health Aide, or completion of a CNA Program
* Take pride in providing high quality care
* Hoyer Lift Experience (specific to client)
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Grand Rapids, MI (49506)