JOB DESCRIPTION Overview
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Our Respiratory Care Extern
provides limited respiratory care procedures designated by submitted clinical skills competency from the accredited Respiratory Care program he/she is enrolled in and validated by the respiratory department. Duties and responsibilities are under the direct supervision of a credentialed Respiratory Care Professional. Performance of this job will also require a close working relationship with the medical staff and respiratory care leadership. Good customer relations, assessment and communication skills are a must for this job.
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Certification Required Minimum Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Enrolled in a Respiratory Care Program that is recognized by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) and the American Medical Association on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) or equivalent accepted by the Georgia Medical Board
Required Minimum Skill
- Completion of one year in a formal AMA approved program in Respiratory Therapy
- Ability to utilize good judgment and understanding of clinical limitations
- Excellent mental and cognitive skills for decision-making; effective communication skills and ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with physicians and other hospital personnel
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!
Location/Region: Marietta, GA