Are you looking for a position with a flexible schedule, at a family-oriented company, and cutting-edge technology? Is competitive compensation important to you? Do you have experience as a firefighter and are looking for your next opportunity?
Donan has the job for you! We are looking for a part-time Fire Investigator in the Rochester, NY area.
The Fire Investigator is responsible determining the cause and origin of fires and explosions at investigation sites. Donan's Fire Investigators provide and convey their findings and conclusions in a clear and concise report.
Benefits of Working as a Fire Investigator at Donan:
- Work from home (remote)
- License and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Professional development and external training
- Philanthropy Program
- Company issued credit card
- Mileage reimbursement
- Laptop, cell phone, and all equipment
- Autonomy with flexible schedule
- 401(k) matching
- Robust Rewards and Recognition Program
Responsibilities of a Fire Investigator:
- Visiting loss sites to conduct cause and origin investigations in a timely manner with unbiased analysis.
- Travel up to a 100-mile radius for performing investigations.
- Interact with clients and handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Write and submit detailed and accurate reports on completed investigations.
- Communicate consistent timelines and project updates to clients and customers.
- Provide expert testimony and/or depositions as needed for projects.
Position Requirements of a Fire Investigator:
- Have a Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator (CFEI) certification through NAFI.
- Have or have the future ability to obtain a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) certification through the IAAI.
- Qualified candidates should also have a Private Investigator (P.I.) license or ability to obtain a P.I. license in the state(s) in which you are applying within 60 days of employment (if required).
- Extensive knowledge of NFPA 921.
- Two to four years of hands on experience with working with either private or public sector origin and cause investigations with either commercial or residential structures.
- Ability to travel as needed and have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record (in accordance to firm's guidelines).
Physical Requirements of a Fire Investigator:
- Frequently required to stand on one's feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
- Frequently required to climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
To view our current openings and locations, visit our website at www.Donan.com. #DonanIsHiring
Donan is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an E-Verify participating employer.