The National Mining Association (NMA), a DC based trade association, is seeking an individual to manage the association’s programs and advocacy on public policies related to public lands, energy, and endangered species policies.
- Developing technical and policy bases to support the association’s positions relative to federal initiatives at the Department of the Interior, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission or U.S. Forest Service affecting coal or mineral use
- Developing and executing advocacy strategy in support of policy positions
- Assisting the association’s General Counsel in management of litigation arising from regulatory proceedings
- Serving as principal liaison with NMA’s Lands Committee to develop consensus positions on policy and responses to rulemaking
- Managing NMA’s regulatory and litigation budgets related to energy and lands portfolio