Manufacturing Equipment Engineer needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh Scientific’s client located in San Diego, CA area.
• Able to lead investigation and resolution of technical problems within own discipline, with oversight.
• Able to manage vendors and contractors on a technical level for calibration services and preventative maintenance.
• Support remediation efforts related to calibration. This includes an assessment of our calibration program and identify any gaps as well as supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
• Develop solutions to minimize calibration processing time.
• Recommend calibration standards and IM&TE.
• Perform corrective actions and assist with out of tolerance (OOT) investigations
• Contributes ideas for functional development, and supports efforts driven by others.
• Contributes to investigation and resolution of technical problems.
• Generate standard operating procedures/work instructions.
• Influences decisions in own area of responsibility.
• Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and execute multiple parallel activities like calibrations, supplier scheduling, and project activities with minimal guidance from manager or lead.
• Provides supporting data on risk and recommendations in area of responsibility and at critical interfaces to other cross functional teams.
• Work in a team environment to improve equipment calibration program.
• Experience calibrating equipment in regulated environments such as; scales/balances, thermometers, temperature & humidity chambers, dimensional equipment, mass, force, dewpoint, pressure/vacuum, time, velocity, ovens, refrigerators/freezers, differential pressure, etc.
• Experience reviewing calibration documentation for accuracy and compliance
• Experience generating reports, adding records, updating histories, and performing data entry into a Calibration Management System
• Experience installing, troubleshooting, adjusting, and repairing measuring equipment
• Experience maintaining calibration test equipment
• Working knowledge of relevant industry guidelines: ISO-13485, ANSI-Z540 or ISO-17025
• Experience determining calibration requirements for IM&TE
• Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) (preferred)
• SAP ERP system experience (preferred)
• Work experience in Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical / Medical Devices industries would be an advantage
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Stephanie Leahey, Stephanie.Leahey@yoh.com
What’s In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh’s network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh’s extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh’s vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Location/Region: San Diego, California