UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Location: Position is located in Rancho Dominquez, CA (Long Beach)
Experienced Rotary Die Cut Operator Needed! Looking for an experienced operator that has run Delta, Preco, Pace, Sysco or similar Rotary die cutting equipment. Main products produced are for medical applications within a Class 8 Cleanroom. Includes die cutting, lamination, multiple materials being run simultaneously and air ejection.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for all activities associated with running the rotary die presses including setup, operation, inspection, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up presses in accordance with proper setup techniques and work instructions or set-up diagrams.
- Inspects rollers, anvils and dies for damage, before and after each run.
- Monitors product quality, including, but not limited to unwind and rewind tensions, visual defects, correct dimensions compared to product drawing.
- Maximizes the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Trains and assists Inspector/Packers with job duties on the machine.
- Completes necessary production reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Logging into ERP System, Reporting Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, and Quality Data.
- Turns in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
- Adheres to production schedule and notifies supervisor when schedules or due dates will not be met.
- Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to supervisor.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED. Candidates are preferred who have prior work experience in the rotary die cutting industry (6 months minimum) or in a manufacturing environment with experience operating and setting up automatic or semi-automatic equipment’s.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Able to read rulers, calipers and, micrometers with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
PAY and BENEFITS: Pay commensurable with experience. Company offers a full benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
To apply for this job please create a profile with us through our online application system. Click the "Apply" box in the upper right hand corner to start the application process. Or, if you already have a social media account with LinkedIn, Google, or Facebook you can use your log in credentials to apply.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.