Purpose: The person employed in this job will assist with Animal Care at the Candler research sites.
1. Caring for birds (feed, water, air)
2. Working with Scientists on tests
3. Helping vaccinate, bleed, and necropsies of birds
4. Cleaning of isolation units for tests
5. Reporting of daily observations of birds
6. Reporting any equipment failure
7. Maintaining work area clean and orderly
8. Proper use of all safety procedures
9. Record keeping
8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Experience working with animals preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Rotate at least one Saturday each month. Regular attendance is a must.
- Must be conscientious, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work alone.
- Must realize the importance of non-contamination process and be prepared to adhere strictly to the procedures.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with others
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to squat, bend, and stoop, as well as twisting and turning.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity are important.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
Location/Region: Gainesville, Georgia