Scientist needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh’s client located in Austin, TX.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Will apply technical knowledge to develop kits/reagents/instruments/workflows for sample collection and nucleic acid purification from various biological sample types
- Modify experimental procedures to suit the particular needs of experiments
- Develop a hypothesis and then design the necessary set of experiments to test the hypothesis with limited guidance
- Analyze the data derived and explain the outcome of their experiments
- Maintain accurate and detailed lab notebooks and appropriate documentation based on the scientific method enabling other scientists to reproduce their experiments
- May assist in preparing material for manuals, articles for the newsletter, patents or scientific publications
- Prepares regular reports documenting experiments
- Presents research data and conclusions in 10-30 minute sessions
- Ability to read a scientific paper, reproduce the experiments described and understand the conclusions
- Ability to read patents and understand details of invention and claims
- Complete lab compliance activities
- Master’s degree in Biological Science, chemistry, biochemistry, or related field. At least 6 years of total laboratory experience.
- At least 3 years laboratory experience in an industry setting for product development. PhD is a plus.
- Pipet and perform procedures reproducibly
- Perform a dilution series to create a standard curve
- Perform lab calculations needed to make solutions from powder or from stock solutions and able to make the buffers from recipes
- Operate basic lab equipment such as computers, centrifuges, quantitation instruments, Agilent Bioanalyzer, PCR, real-time qPCR instruments, plate readers etc.
- Routine experience with most common molecular procedures such as nucleic acid isolation, endpoint PCR, real-time PCR
- Experience writing and implementing quality focused procedures
- Experience with nucleic acid purification automation, different technologies to isolate nucleic acid
- Experience working with BSL2 sample types in BSL2 lab setting
What’s In It For You?
- This is a unique opportunity to support our client; one of the world's largest biomedical manufacturing companies and a provider of biotech product solutions. Medical benefits and 401K are available.
Get Hired, Apply Now! Send WORD resumes to email@example.com
Recruiter: Lisa Hughes
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Location/Region: Austin, Texas