Job Title: Bayview Plant Operator (Part-Time)
Shift : Monday- Friday, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Production or Assistant Superintendent of Production the Operator maintains, monitors and operates two wells production and maintains the distribution system.
- Maintain and monitor water treatment process through the addition and adjustment of water treatment chemicals.
- Maintain adequate levels of chlorine in both the Main Well and Kelba Well. When required will add additional chlorine. This will require the chlorine to be diluted. As needed.
- Perform chlorine and iron tests to monitor treatment process daily.
- Will coordinate with MWC’s lab to schedule monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual water quality testing.
- Perform daily record keeping for chlorine levels, well production and well run time hours. On a least a weekly basis get this information to the CJO Plant.
- Perform Main Well and Kelba Well equipment checks and report any issues to the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- On a monthly basis operate the Kelba Well generator to assure it is operational. Maintain an adequate supply of diesel on site. Will notify the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent of any generator issues or when diesel fuel is required.
- Handle customer service inquiries for turning off/on water service as provided by Middlesex Water Customer Service Department. Will research any customer water quality issues and inform the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent of the findings.
- Handle utility mark-outs as requests are received within the prescribed 72 hour time period. Notifies the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent upon completion.
- In the event of a water distribution system leak or leaks will investigate to determine the source of the leak and if a service leak on the customer service side of the curb stop shut off the water service. If the water leak cannot be isolated notify the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- Maintain chemical feeding equipment and chemical storage tanks. If issues arise notify the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- Perform other related duties as required by supervisor.
- Adhere to and promotes the Company safety policy and practices as it pertains to the job.
- Contact on a daily basis the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent to report on the system operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
- Climbing ability.
- Visual acuity.
- Manual dexterity.
- Light lifting (40 pounds).
- Normal hearing.
- Walking ability.
- Must be able to smell.
You can submit your resume by: e-mail to HRG@middlesexwater.comby fax to 732-638-7667 or by mail to HR Generalist, Middlesex Water Company, 485 Route One South, Building C 4th floor, Iselin, NJ 08830.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States.
Middlesex Water Company and its' subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, and have a valid driver’s license.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for the position, or are currently employed by Middlesex Water Company will be contacted.
About this company
Middlesex Water Company (NASDAQ:MSEX) has been an industry leader since 1897. We promote professional and personal development in a work environment that is supportive and responsive. We understand the importance of our services and the individuals who uphold our reputation.
Awarded a Top Workplace in New Jersey for 2020 as an employer who engages and retains top talent by appreciating employee contributions and recognizing that our employees are essential in delivering critical life sustaining service to our customers.
Joining our team means that you have a multitude of benefits that support you in and out of the workplace such as- full medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401k, paid time off, tuition assistance, learning and development opportunities, employee assistance program, and more. To learn more, please visit our website.
Location/Region: Iselin, NJ