1. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
2. Consults with management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
3. Coaches and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
4. Provides support and guidance when questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
5. Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigation intake.
6. Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
7. Coordinates employment terms for new hires, promotions, and/or transfers.
8. Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
9. Conducts exit interviews and stay interviews.
10. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
11. Assess and anticipate human resources-related needs
12. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
13. Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.