Manage all aspects of the job interview process from start to finish, including scheduling of the candidate and interviewers.
Maintain the list of appropriate general phone screen and interview questions. Assist in creation of role-specific interview questions.
Conduct thorough phone interviews to obtain basic culture and skillset fit for open roles. Recommend candidates to appropriate hiring teams.
Ensure a successful candidate experience is achieved. Track and communicate frequently with all candidates from initial contact through start date or rejection.
Participate in implementation of an ATS solution providing a central repository for candidates. Using the selected tool, establish the recruiting air traffic controller role.
Evaluate and implement proficiency testing for experienced hires. Explore existing assessment tools or develop questions internally.
Assist in implementation of behavioral assessment tool. A project management effort will be required to establish appropriate ‘target ranges’ based on assessing current role model employees in existing key roles.
Develop an improved process for forecasting staffing requirements. On an ongoing basis, meet with each Group/Team/Department to thoroughly understand their specific needs for hiring, including experienced hires, college hires and summer interns.
Explore ways to improve/expand the internal referral program. Develop recommendation.
Implement ‘measures of success’ that measure the effectiveness of the Recruiting & Hiring program. Create an enhanced strategy and process for hiring industry experienced candidates including:
- Identifying the most efficient and cost-effective external recruiting sources
- Establishing preferred vendors with best terms
Evaluate additional sources for hiring. Develop recommendation to:
- Consider outreach to local high schools – consider exposing them to careers in construction & guide them to training/education they need to join industry
- Explore creating relationships with local trade schools or programs.
- Consider Jr Colleges for recruiting - many have CM / vocational programs that could feed both internships and employees
Create an enhanced strategy for promoting Dome online including:
- Establishing or enhancing a robust social media presence on key sites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Establishing or enhancing accounts on LinkedIn, Monster.com, Indeed, etc.
- Posting of all job openings which are updated regularly and promoted by appropriate management personnel
Evaluate Dome’s current college hiring practices and develop an enhanced strategy and process for hiring college graduates including:
- Extending Dome’s presence with academic clubs, and on campus career services personnel. Reach out to college career services to advertise job descriptions and establish info sessions and interview days.
- Build and cultivate relationships with professors in related majors and departments. Include Chico State, Cal Poly, San Jose State, Santa Clara, St. Mary’s and U.C. Berkeley. Analyze data (performance reviews, other) to identify which colleges and/or other sources have produced the strongest performers over time.
- Explore broadening recruiting to additional majors e.g. engineering, architecture
- Explore expanding to additional campuses
- Develop and implement a plan to sponsor Women CM clubs at colleges we recruit from with members of our WLC
- Leverage diversity on recruiting teams/trips
- Review current recruiting materials. Create recommendation for improving approach and materials including college presentations, benefit offerings, offer letter, etc. Identify Dome's advantages e,g, culture, mentoring/coaching, growth opportunities, diversity of work, etc.
- Build and maintain a recruiting calendar for college hiring. Identify key dates with key events we want to target e.g. job fairs, employer days, etc.
Actively plan & lead campus recruiting visits along with Dome College Recruiting Team.
Create an enhanced strategy and process for engaging and managing Summer Interns including:
- An identified Dome manager who will act as Executive Sponsor for the program
- Being prepared with a thorough plan for summer interns before they show up
- Have meaningful work and a lead contact identified in advance
- Plan for some common activities and common experiences that will bring interns together e.g. lean construction seminar, walking a job site together, hosted BBQ, baseball games, etc.
Investigate establishing a College Advisory Board for Dome. Develop recommendation.
Continuously assess the overall effectiveness of the Recruiting & Hiring program and recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate.