Do you enjoy interacting with youth? Are you patient? Do you want to make a positive difference in the life of a young person?
Become a part of a multidisciplinary team of competent and caring mental health professionals providing assessment, stabilization, and treatment services to the Western Massachusetts community! As a Shift Supervisor at Behavioral Health Network’s CBAT (Community Based Acute Treatment) program, you will be able to work as a team member to establish supportive relationships with youth ages 10-17, family members, and service providers. With the motivation to work with a challenging population, a constantly positive attitude, perseverance, and patience, the Shift Supervisor will serve as a role model for both youth and staff alike.We are looking for full-time 1st shift, full-time 2nd shift, and part-time 2nd shift coverage.
At Behavioral Health Network’s Village for Youth CBAT program, we believe in utilizing leadership, problem solving, and communication skills to create a safe and nurturing environment which will offer the opportunity to guide, teach, serve, and empower youth. Through the use of trauma informed, strength based models, academic instruction, and clinical support, we focus on providing youth with mental health issues the assistance they need to integrate and succeed within our community.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Shift Supervisors at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Knowledge of youth with mental illness.
- Knowledge of symptoms and behaviors of youth who have suffered from trauma.
- Excellent observation and documentation skills.
- Excellent triage skills related to the planning, organizing, and coordination of decision making for the shift.
- Ability to remain calm and on point in stressful situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 3 years experience in Human Services (required); 5 years of experience (preferred).
- Crisis or residential experience and experience working with adolescents (preferred).
- Bilingual in Spanish & English (preferred).
If you are interested in joining our team at Behavioral Health Network as a Shift Supervisor, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!
Location/Region: Springfield, MA