We Are Hiring
Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for residents, team members, and the community.
Ascension is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Ascension Living team remotely.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Financial Analyst with Ascension Living, you will provide financial analysis to ensure accurate financial reporting and assist with operational decision-making, will be responsible for the maintenance of the budgeting software, and will be the main contact for capital.
- Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal sources.
- Assists with budget preparation and financial planning processes.
- Serves as consultant to all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Loads final budget spreads into applicable systems and performs required reconciliations.
- Maintains budget system (Kaufman Hall Axiom) and creates/modifies reports
- Leads capital process, including capital tracking and reconciliation to ensure accurate reporting
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance highly desired
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Full scope understanding of Financial Statements
- Strong analytical skills coupled with problem solving abilities and a strong propensity for attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access) and/or G Suite
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf” Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work
Internal ID: 423894-1A
About this company
St. Vincent’s Health System encourages its nurses to provide personalized, compassionate care for all patients, regardless of what they’re struggling with, and we give you the resources and support to do it. We want a collaborative environment, where nurses work side-by-side with skilled providers in both patient care and deciding policy. We believe in balancing high-touch with high-tech, and that reputation draws patients to us from more than 40 Birmingham-area zip codes. When you join St. Vincent’s you become part of Ascension, the nation’s largest non-profit and largest faith-based health system, which is recognized nationally for its commitment to quality, safety and healing.
Location/Region: Saint Louis, MO