Senior Corporate Counsel - Employment
Provide legal advice and support on employment-related matters including advising leaders concerning state and federal legislation, regulations and other requirements applicable to Centene business activities and initiatives as well as managing litigation and other disputes.
- Establish relationships of confidence and trust with the business, exhibiting an awareness of and demonstrated sensitivity to diverse cultures.
- Serve as legal advisor to the Human Resources team regarding employment related statues, administrative law matters and proceedings, workplace investigations, dispute resolution, evaluation of potential claims, settlement negotiations; wage/hour issues and pay practices
- Establish and/or direct internal client education and preventative law activities.
- Partner with and manage external counsel to develop and monitor defense of employment litigation
- Draft, review and/or provide advice regarding policies/procedures, contracts, or other documents within area of expertise.
Education/Experience: Graduate of an accredited law school and admitted into a state bar. 7+ years of experience in the area(s) of law specific to the role.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in multi-jurisdictional (including CA and NY) employment issues with knowledge of federal and state/local level statutes and wage & hour issues.
License/Certification: State Bar and currently in good standing.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Legal & Compliance
Location/Region: Saint Louis, MO