SSC is seeking highly motivated FPGA engineers who will work with teams developing next generation wireless networking and RF system software. You will develop radio solutions on RFSoC and Software Defined Radio hardware for advanced wireless communications applications. Application implementations include basic functionality such as sensing, signal processing, wireless protocol implementation, and beamforming as well as advanced system capabilities that adapt transmit and receive behaviors in real time. You will participate in the entire product life cycle including architecture of the real time embedded system through test and evaluation support. Projects include applications to traditional Military and First Responder RF systems as well as adaptations of commercial (e.g., 5G) technologies. You will work with teams and be given opportunities to develop your technical, professional, and leadership skills.
- Design and develop the architecture and FPGA solutions of innovative radio communications, sensing, and spectrum access systems
- Understand customer and/or project needs to implement effective FPGA designs
- Interact with internal and external engineering teams on a regular basis to design and create interfaces with other system elements
- Understanding of wireless networking and radio communications systems fundamentals and strong understanding of embedded systems, hardware design, and signal processing concepts
- Experience implementing algorithms in VHDL and an understanding of the design flow and toolchain use
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq devices, preferably UltraScale MPSoC or RFSoC.
- Experience migrating DSP and waveform algorithms from C/C++ into VHDL
- Experience implementing wireless technologies such as PHY, MAC, TDMA, DSP, RADAR, detection, classification, 5G, LTE, beamforming, MIMO
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Other Qualifications
- Required: US citizenship or Permanent Residency
- BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- DoD SECRET clearance preferred
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Medical insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Free parking
- Easily accessible to DC and VA (walking distance to Spring Hill Metro station)
The ideal candidate would live in the Northern Virginia/Greater Washington DC area.
Email resume and letter of interest to
Shared Spectrum Company (SSC) is a pioneer in the development of innovative wireless advanced technologies that are revolutionizing the military and commercial use of spectrum. SSC has a unique technology development culture focused on technical excellence, innovation and execution. This is a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience in one of the most important technological advancements in wireless communications technologies today.
SSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: Washington, DC