Assistant Plant Manager
Company: Ball Corporation
Findlay, OH, US, 45840
Date: Sep 13, 2020
Job Category: Manufacturing/ Operations
Req. ID: 340
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable aluminum packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. For more information, visit , or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter. For more information, visit , or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Assists in the direction of assigned plant. Ensures the plant meets the group's overall business plans and objectives.
- Responsible for the overall safety and environmental performance in the plant by ensuring plant focus on programs, procedures and KPI's in accordance with Ball safety/environmental programs.
- Supports the selection, training, growth and development of shift and staff personnel to attain organizational goals.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Provides direction of plant operations for the manufacturing of group products in accordance with process and product specifications and quality standards, complying with contractual and/or customer requirements and meeting financial objectives.
- Provides direction/support to plant operations to include production, engineering, quality, lean etc.
- Facilitates and partners with all functions in the preparation of the plant's operating budget.
- Ensures the plant complies with all environmental regulations by maintaining effective environmental programs and maintains knowledge and awareness of environmental requirements.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Supports positive employee relations in the plant, including with local/national union leadership, if applicable.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Orchestrate activities, assignments and projects to maintain optimal level of customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain (MBA-Preferred).
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum.
- 4 years of manufacturing leadership experience (high speed manufacturing/packaging preferred).
- Demonstrated successful experience using Lean Six Sigma principles in manufacturing.
- Highly matrixed/high growth organization experience.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: company policies, procedures, and products; general administrative principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; business principles, legal practices, customer needs and expectations, and manufacturing operations.
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization at the earliest stages of planning/development to meet plant objectives; directing, allocating the plant's resources, timing, etc.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Ability to negotiate with customers to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- 20% travel
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Location/Region: Findlay, OH