Operator II-2nd shift-Big Block Assembly
Date: Sep 12, 2020
Location: Auburn, AL, US, 36830
Company: Briggs and Stratton
Produces products according to specifications.
1. Follows complex, sequenced work instructions and performs
multiple job tasks within specified cycle times and
responsibilities at various workstations.
2. Performs verification of part numbers, supplier quality, and
quality checks to ensure parts are meeting quality criteria.
3. Performs quality checks through the use of multiple tools and
4. Resets, re-starts, and performs minor adjustments to production
equipment as directed.
5. Performs required preventive equipment maintenance.
6. Reads and verifies bill of materials (BOMs)
7. May require interaction with customers (OEMs)
8. Follows all established safety procedures including wearing
required PPE and maintaining 5S standards.
9. Performs other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements
* Ability to perform repetitive tasks at required cycle times
* Good teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to pay close attention to detail
* Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract,
multiply and divide, and to make metric system conversions.
* Fluent in English and primary language used in area of
responsibility and/or location
Education High School diploma in or equivalent education and
experienceGeneral Education Degree in or equivalent education and
* Previous assembly and/or engine experience preferred
Physical & Environmental Requirements May be required to lift or carry
products, parts, and/or other materials of various sizes and weights.
(Frequently 5 25 pounds), (Occasionally 25 75 pounds), (Rarely
greater than 75 pounds)Ability to perform occasional to frequent
pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, twisting, crawling and/or
reaching over a full work shift (8-12 hours)Ability to stand and/or
walk constantly over a full work shift (8-12 hours)Ability to use feet
for repetitive movement as in operating foot controls over a full work
shift (8-12 hours)Moderate physical demand; often lifting/moving
average weight (25 to 50 lbs/11-27 kgs), and occasionally lifting
heavy weight materials (up to 70 lbs)
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin,
is the world s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power
equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America s
number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer,
manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf
care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton ,
Simplicity , Snapper , Snapper Pro Ferris , PowerBoss , Allmand ,
Billy Goat , Murray , Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton
products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100
countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal
employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic
information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal
employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with
disabilities, and for protected veterans.
Nearest Major Market: Auburn
Nearest Secondary Market: Opelika
Job Segment: Assembly, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing
Location/Region: Auburn, AL