Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco's Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul's Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe, Walker, Wagner, Champion, Fel-Pro and MOOG. The company's broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a Finance Manager, Business Development and M & A. This position will report directly to the Executive Director, Business Development and M & A and function as a significant contributor in defining, evaluating, recommending and executing strategic objectives and related tactical initiatives for the Motorparts operating segment. Specifically, the Manager, Business Development and M & A, will manage various strategic initiatives (including the M & A transaction process) as well as short, medium and long-range financial and business case planning projects/processes across the Motorparts organization. This high visibility role requires interaction with executive level leadership, strong excel and effective communication and presentation skills.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Prepare business case analysis of strategic initiatives (acquisitions, divestitures, wind downs, make vs. buy decisions, joint ventures/partnerships, new business/ market development, portfolio or footprint rationalization, Brand or License arrangements, restructurings or other continuous improvement and cost savings initiatives).
- Develop comprehensive financial models supporting strategic alternatives including three statement modeling, valuation, carve-out implications, accretion/dilution, capital allocation decision making, etc.
- Build executive and BOD level presentations to support rationale.
- Drive day-to-day execution of strategic initiatives including coordination with the Business Unit and Functional Leaders (Business Intelligence, Accounting/Finance, Tax, Legal, Product Line, Supply Chain) as well as external advisors on key inputs and assumptions driving strategic decision making.
- Support projects and processes associated with the organizations balance scorecard performance measures such as:
- Cash management projects focused on the identification, quantification, and monitoring of short and long-term cash conversion initiatives, and;
- The annual business planning cycle including the implementation of short and long-range strategic targets across business lines.
- Manage VDR (virtual data room) data flow and coordinate due diligence efforts, manage follow-up requests internally and support communication with sell-side/buy-side advisor contacts.
- Assist with the implementation of M & A/Strategic Initiative process improvements including the standardization of tools, actions and outputs (Playbook).
- Lead industry research to identify strategic acquisition targets or divestiture opportunities, and support development of internal processes to support target/divestiture identification and evaluation across product lines and regions.
Location/Region: Southfield, MI