Collaboration drives Nordsons success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Keeps molding machines supplied with correct resin and works with process technicians when mold changes are needed by cleaning the hoppers and grinders for the next scheduled job
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review material controller at start of each shift to ensure correct settings
- Make rounds to each press to check grinders and ensure they are functioning properly and not full
- Clean the hopper, vacuum the loader and grinder; install new material; properly set and calibrate color feeders on presses that have material/color changes.
- Clean the press and surrounding area after material/color changes to eliminate spillage and return unused material/color to proper location
- Replace gaylords on mezzanine as needed; break down/store empty gaylords
- Remove full parts and regrind scrap gaylords; replace with empties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Experience with forklift and pallet jack operation, preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Math and reading comprehension
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Mechanical aptitude, preferred
- Use of hand tools, preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Capable of working in a position with a high level of physical exertion in an 8-hour day. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch and talk or hear. Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, occasionally exposed to high and/or precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and where plastic injected parts are produced and packaged (i.e. plastic dust present, noise up to 80 db, etc.) The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to
NoneNordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Location/Region: Trenton, NJ