One Team. One Commitment. One Goal.
What's In It For You
Reimagining scrap is where it all starts. But we can't raise the bar without the team to keep it moving. So, we support the heavy lifting you'll do with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive compensation
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Why This Job
Looking for a hands-on job that is rewarding? Come make the steel that builds America! Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking energetic and enthusiastic team members. Apply online today!
What You'll Do
- Assist maintenance personnel when requested/needed
- Work safely to prevent on the job injuries by following safety rules and regulations at all times including proper wearing of company PPE
- Be alert of unsafe conditions at all times and report them immediately
- Effectively communicate with others about possible production issues, concerns, and needs
- Ensure equipment inspection reports are filled out each shift
- Ensure the tasks and activities as directed by operations support management are carried out in a safe and timely manner
- Perform minor/routine maintenance or repairs as needed without the assistance of maintenance personnel
- Responsible for continuous improvement such as suggesting improvements in work methods and procedures
- Responsible for daily housekeeping duties including but not limited to immediate work area
- Troubleshoot work related problems using job knowledge, experience, and by communicating with others
- Understand start up, shutdown, and emergency procedures
What You'll Need
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with excellent strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with exposure to extremes in temperature, chemical, dust fumes and mists, uneven surfaces, loud noise, elevated work areas, and confined spaces
- Basic computer skills
- Dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs
- Must be able to learn quickly and multitask
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Some overtime will be required
- High School Diploma or GED required
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that's already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We've built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years but we're just getting started.
If you're ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you're ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career and our world forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Location/Region: Cayce, SC