One Team. One Commitment. One Goal.
Why This Job
Looking for a hands-on job that is rewarding? Come make the steel that builds America! Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking energetic and enthusiastic team members. CMC Steel Texas is located in Seguin, Texas, just 24 minutes east of downtown San Antonio. Apply online today! #ind_htf
Location: 1 Steel Mill Drive, Seguin, TX 78155
Schedule: 16-29 hour work week, up to 8 hour shifts
What You'll Do
- Will work alongside a partner at a scrap cutting station to torch cut throughout their scheduled 8-hour shift. Will work a 16 to 29-hour work week, Monday through Friday
- Properly prepare oversized, unprepared scrap metal to the proper size and length for use in the Melt Shop
- Use industrial sized gas and oxygen cutting torch and equipment
- Ensure equipment inspection reports are filled out each shift
- Interpret all operational procedures and parameters including Job Safety Analysis and Work Instructions
- Will be required to wear all Hot Metals Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Work safely to prevent on the job injuries by following safety rules and regulations at all times including proper wearing of company PPE
- Participates in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively upholds the CMC Safety Culture
- Troubleshoot work related problems using job knowledge, experience, and by communicating with others
- Understand start up, shutdown, and emergency procedures
- Responsible for daily housekeeping duties including but not limited to immediate work area
What You'll Need
- Must be actively enrolled and working toward obtaining a Degree or Certificate at either a College, University, or Technical Trade School
- Must be able to perform the physical task of the job assigned; to include climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, and crouching
- Must be able to pass a physical examination to include respiratory protection
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with excellent strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Must be able to learn quickly and multitask
- Must be able to work a 16 to 29-hour work week. Work 8 hour shifts to include flexibility to support business needs as needed
- Dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs
- Ability to work with exposure to extremes in temperature, chemical, dust fumes and mists, uneven surfaces, loud noise, elevated work areas, and confined spaces
- Ability to stand and sit for duration of shift, for a minimum of 8 hours
- Push and pull up to 90 lbs and carry 50 lbs
- Basic computer skills
- Strong communication skills required. Must read, speak and understand English language in verbal and written communication.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university program
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that's already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We've built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years but we're just getting started.
If you're ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you're ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career and our world forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Location/Region: Seguin, TX