EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician II
Job Summary: Maintenance Mechanic reports to the supervisor and is responsible for addressing trouble calls and performing associated maintenance and repair activities on facilities equipment and basic and complex machines. The position assists engineers and technicians with advanced repairs. The role works under minimal supervision and some contact with external suppliers and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Log/inspect Central utility equipment(Boilers, Chillers, AC's, RDS, Cooling Towers, AHU's, Pumps, etc)
- Support Hot Work by Disabling/Enabling detectors
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair minor to moderate mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogs as necessary
- Perform daily PM on HVAC and air compressor ( Filter change, blow down, operational inspections). Minor adjustments ( belts)
- Inspect drives, motors and belts following checklists
- Fills plumbing systems and checks for leakage. Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments using hand tools
- Coordinate work with outside contractors to minimize impact during preventive maintenance or major system repairs
- Transport maintenance materials and tools using a forklift or other motorized device
- Test and read water samples
- Other duties as assigned
Analyzes findings during PM and recommends changes to PM content based upon findings. Documents PM activities within the CMMS. Completes assigned work orders and documents completion within the CMMS.
Completes repairs including rebuilding of pumps, steam traps, valves, electrical and pneumatic solenoid devices
High School Diploma or GED. Must be 21 years old or older
- Four (4) or more year's related experience is required
- Must possess applicable certifications, licenses and a valid driver's license
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Anderson, SC