Caliburn International LLC is a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents.
Caliburn Medical Services supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners. We are one of the nation's largest and most experienced providers of medical management services to international customers, the U.S. Government, and commercial clients. Our medical management solutions are technology-driven and grounded in best practices. We are committed to protecting employee, company, and partner information and we comply with all government and industry standards. For more information about Caliburn and our career opportunities, visit us at .
Military Counselor - Child (Tier 3)
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 US (Primary)
The Counselor (School-Based Counselor - Tier 3) is a licensed mental health professional who needs to be able to perform daily duties autonomously while being supported by the organization. The Counselor will exercise discretion and independent judgment to provide appropriate information, coaching, training, and education concerning military-connected children to service members and or child-development centers or school staff. Direct non-clinical services to children and adolescents ages 2-18 are also provided by the Children Youth Behavioral (CYB) Counselor.
- Provide non-medical, short-term, walk-around counseling directly to children and youth of service members.
- Services include assessment, brief counseling, and consultation, action planning, referral to resources and follow-up as indicated.
- CYB counselors will also have a focus on supporting the staff and personnel of CDCs, DoDEA and community schools, youth programs and summer camps as well as providing parent training and guidance.
- CYB counselor will provide training and health and wellness presentations, participate in health fairs and other bases/installation activities focused on children and youth.
- Enters counselor activity data daily through smartphone, web, or fax to assure that reporting is accurate from assigned installation while maintaining confidentiality and anonymity of service/family member.
- Participates in other contract activities as assigned/appropriate.
- Master's Degree from an accredited graduate program in a relevant field of study (social work, psychology, sociology, marriage/family therapy, counseling, or other relevant mental health/behavioral science field).
- Tier 3 Counselors shall have two (2) to five (5) years of post-graduate counseling experience.
- Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused child and youth counseling methods.
- For CONUS assignments (including Alaska and Hawaii), Counselors must hold (or obtain) license or certification in the state in which the participant is receiving services; once issued, licensure or certification must remain active and unrestricted for the duration of the assignment.
- For OCONUS assignments (excluding Alaska and Hawaii), Counselors may be licensed or certified in any state, the District of Columbia, a U.S. territory or commonwealth; licensure or certification must remain active and unrestricted for the duration of the assignment.
- The children's youth behavioral counselors must meet the CYB criteria for experience with children and youth and specialty in child and adolescent development/psychology.
- School assigned counselors must have past work experience in a school setting to qualify for assignment.
- Fluent in the English language (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Possess a current and valid U.S. state/territory vehicle operator's license.
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with military culture.
- Desire to work in a dynamic setting that offers a variety of situations on a daily basis.
- Career passion, dedication, strong communication skills, and innovative problem-solving skills.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Work can involve sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Additional considerations for Counselors include:
- Interacting in military unit actives with military members, such as physical training, unit activities, and military exercises.
- Be required to physically support summer camp activities such as, but not limited to Bike riding, canoeing, hiking, etc.
This position is notional and contingent upon contract award.
Caliburn International is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Location/Region: Cape Canaveral, FL